The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Vortex Strikefire Red Dot w/ Magnifier, Scope Caps, & Rings $105 shipped plus tax

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Vortex Strikefire Red Dot w/ Magnifier, Scope Caps, & Rings $105 shipped plus tax Empty Vortex Strikefire Red Dot w/ Magnifier, Scope Caps, & Rings $105 shipped plus tax

Post by Cornmastah Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:22 am

Link to the optic

plus coupon code: 84FLAT for $5 shipping

Not the perfect optic, but darn good especially for the price. These are a big step up from the cheapies and have an unconditional lifetime warranty. I currently have one on my suppressed, railed, Ruger MKIII. I like my eotech's a lot, but these are really quite good for the price. I ordered a couple more for me and my uncle to put on some M&P 15-22's.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Vortex Strikefire Red Dot w/ Magnifier, Scope Caps, & Rings $105 shipped plus tax Empty Re: Vortex Strikefire Red Dot w/ Magnifier, Scope Caps, & Rings $105 shipped plus tax

Post by Devereaux Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:35 am

Thanks, Corn! Just ordered one for my .300BLK. We'll see how well it works, but at the price it's hard to beat it would seem.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Vortex Strikefire Red Dot w/ Magnifier, Scope Caps, & Rings $105 shipped plus tax Empty Re: Vortex Strikefire Red Dot w/ Magnifier, Scope Caps, & Rings $105 shipped plus tax

Post by Cornmastah Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:17 pm

Yeah, just remember--if it ever breaks or has issues, Vortex really does stand behind their products. I ended up getting 2 for me. I think I will use one on my son's 15-22 (his cheapy red dot was too bright on the lowest setting for shooting at dusk/sundown). I want to play around with the other and test it out on a few different guns. I kind of want to see how well it works on my Marlin 1895 SBL as well as my .223 AK, and maybe my little cut-down shorty Handi-Rifle in .357 mag. My uncle is going to throw one on his 15-22 and the other on his AK.

As a side note, when I was at my family reunion, my brother-in-law and I were doing a lot of suppressed shooting. With my suppressed Ruger MKIII pistol with the Strikefire red dot, I was hitting the 100 yard 8" steel plate about 8-9 times out of 10 pretty easily. The dot made it a lot easier than using regular irons--I just had to hold the dot about 6-8" high. It is a pretty fun combo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am