The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Is anyone else concerned about ISIS potential threat?

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Is anyone else concerned about ISIS potential threat? Empty Is anyone else concerned about ISIS potential threat?

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:22 pm

I've not followed the stories and news about ISIS (or ISIL, or whatever) as closely as I'd like, but the more I hear the more concerned I'm getting.

If just a few of the stories I hear on the news are correct, they are true barbarians. I'm flat-out pissed off about what I'm hearing happens to Christians in territory ISIS takes over. I have a friend who's a Christian Kurd that escaped Iraq during the Saddam era who has stories that will curl your hair, but it's nothing compared to what's happening there now.

What concerns me most in the short run, though, is that it is apparent these guys are both very capable of crossing our border, AND have the motivation to do some nasty things here.

I heard a radio talk show the other night (Mark Levin), where the host thought the most likely scenario would be a Mumbai-style attack on a soft target. School, shopping mall, church, something like that. The thought of it makes me shudder, but the potential has me very concerned.

If we had a different leader (someone not focused solely on wealth transfer and golf vacations), I would take solace in the thought that ISIS would be too worried about complete annihilation if they did something like that. Now, with Hussein Obama in charge, I can't imagine that is a concern to them.

Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Is anyone else concerned about ISIS potential threat? Empty Re: Is anyone else concerned about ISIS potential threat?

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:45 pm

I've got to think the eventual attack will come in a border state. One that is immigrant friendly, without significant amounts of risky CCWs, and antipathy toward armed guards. Sounds like San Diego, Orange or Los Angeles counties in California to me.    

Had an evil thought: if they wanted to turn us against ourselves, they'd use "legally" obtained weapons and ammunition. The opportunity before the reflexively anti-gun state and national government would be too great; far too tempting to scapegoat the firearms. And the pro gunners would be damn reluctant to disarm given the government's miserable record in ensuring safety.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Is anyone else concerned about ISIS potential threat? Empty Re: Is anyone else concerned about ISIS potential threat?

Post by Devereaux Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:39 am

ISIS appears to me to be simply the latest in a long line of asshat islamic savages. We have been "under attack" by islam since somewhere in the 80's, only no one wants to admit it. But the islamic dufuses have been making the same wild allegations and threats all along.

One can say that when another person makes consistent threats, and carries some of them out, you ought to pay attention. But OUR asshat government doesn't seem to want to fight the fight where it actually IS - with islam. No other religion has the claims that it does. No other religion fosters such barbarity. No other religion includes such beastiality within its words. Oh, yes - I forgot. Islam is the religion of peace. More like the religion of piece, wherein they will take a piece of you when able.

Whether or not we take on this latest set of dogs is not all that interesting a proposition. One never wins wars with soldiers and bullets; they are only part of the process. One wins wars with intellectual and economic strategies, to which you then add the soldiers and you have a winner. Absent the ideological underpinnings, you have the French in Vietnam and Algeria - rough men who can't win. We won our own revolution in the face of superior military might - again by intellectual underpinning the fight with the right ideas.

So far there has been NO ATTEMPT to destroy the ideological basis of islam. Yet that is needed. Moving about a couple carrier groups or dropping the Marines on the beach won't win the war, even if it wins the battle.

This whole situation is seriously underthought!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 am