The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Christmas present

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Christmas present Empty Christmas present

Post by Cornmastah Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:47 pm

My inlaws gave me a Cabelas gift card for Christmas. I went to Cabelas and ended up getting the Forster Co-Ax single stage press. I've been wanting one of these for a while, but didn't want to shell out the $ for it. It is very interesting and has come really cool features. Die changes are super fast, and the fact that it doesn't really use shell holders is kind of interesting.

Christmas present Forster
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Christmas present Empty Re: Christmas present

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:44 pm

I've heard the Foresters put almost no torsional stress on the tabletop, allowing for the use of a much lighter desk. True?
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Haven't had a chance to test it out yet... Sad But, I did order the short knobby handle. Reading reviews, everyone said the short handle is good enough and provides enough leverage.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:54 am

My single stage is a Co-Ax. I personally think it's the best of the single stages. I love the way you csn change dies. The shell holder is unique. Spent primers are collected in that little bottle underneath.

You will find the short handle really handy. I expect the long handle may be useful for cases that take serious torque to reload. I use it on my .20 Tactical and the short handle is quite enough.

You will like it, Corn!
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:43 pm

I just deprimed a bucket of brass last night with it. Using the large jaws, I was able to deprime (without having to change shell holders) 9mm, .40, .45acp, .45 colt, 460 mag, .50 ae, .44 mag, 300 blk, .308, 30-30, 7.62x39, .38, .357 etc... I like to deprime before I SS wet tumble--it gets the primer pockets all nice and clean. The cases also dry faster without the primers. It was really cool to be able to do that without having to change shell holders. I also REALLY like the primer catch jar--it keeps the press a lot cleaner. I ordered the LS jaws for it so I can process my .45-70 and hopefully the 500 mag. If the 500 mag doesn't work with the LS jaws, I will just use the shell holder adapter. I don't foresee myself priming on that press (even though the priming system is kind of cool), because I think the hand priming system is just faster.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:02 pm

I hand prime all the stuff I load on a single stage.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:39 pm

I usually like to hand prime everything even though the progressive press does a decent job at it. I don't mind doing it while watching netflix or something.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Whoa. You LIKE work. I use the Dillon for those things I load on the Dillon. It seems to work fine. I do, from time to time, get a sideways primer, but not all that many. Still, it means going so much faster.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am