The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Blade-Tech

Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Blade-Tech Empty Blade-Tech

Post by Devereaux Thu May 07, 2015 7:33 pm

I bought a pair of BT holsters (they had a sale - I fell for it). One was for the Shield and the other for a Sig 229. Last night for the first time I wore the 229 in it to dinner.
    I am not terribly happy.

For one thing, it has fixed belt loops. I just got a great gun belt that a friend of mine made for me. Nice thick double layer belt in a maroon colour (love cordovan colour). The problem is that for me the most comfortable place to wear it is about 3:30. On a pair of jeans, that straddles the 3:00 belt loop. So you either thread it through one loop, then the belt loop, then the other, or you skip the belt loop. I skipped the belt loop last night.

Big mistake. When I got home I tried drawing - and found it would not come readily out of the holster. Too much belt play. And I am not really that happy with threading in the belt loop. So I presume I will carry the Shield for the duration here in Evansville in a pocket holster. And I will await the Mitch Rosen holster with the belt loops on snap ons. That should solve the issue of where it rides.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Blade-Tech Empty Re: Blade-Tech

Post by Cornmastah Fri May 08, 2015 7:22 pm

So, knowing what you know now, would you do it again?
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri May 08, 2015 11:18 pm

I think if one is wearing an outside-the-waist holster, the only way to be able to adjust it to be where every you actually want is to have a holster that has snaps. The ones with fixed loops or slots require that you potentially thread a belt through a pant loop in the middle of the holster if that's where you wish to position it. That is a pain in the keester; much easier to position it as it ought to be, then thread the straps around your belt and snap the snaps. The Mitch Rosen that I am getting has that.

The OTHER benefit is that you can take it off without removing your belt. That's a nice feature when you come in the house.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content