The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

For those of you with a standard charging handle who are running scopes on AR-15's

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

For those of you with a standard charging handle who are running scopes on AR-15's Empty For those of you with a standard charging handle who are running scopes on AR-15's

Post by Cornmastah Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:09 am

I recommend buying one of these: new charging handle latch

or something similar. It just makes it that much better when you are loading that first round.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

For those of you with a standard charging handle who are running scopes on AR-15's Empty Re: For those of you with a standard charging handle who are running scopes on AR-15's

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Thanks!

Did you see TJ's thread on AR Lowers? You might want to chime in.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

For those of you with a standard charging handle who are running scopes on AR-15's Empty Re: For those of you with a standard charging handle who are running scopes on AR-15's

Post by Cornmastah Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:12 pm

cool, didn't see that thread--I will post.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:36 am

?So you take apart the latch part and replace it with this.

I've seen a number of different charging handles, but have not particularly found a reason to buy them. Maybe I'm just accustomed to the more standard version.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:28 am

Devereaux wrote:?So you take apart the latch part and replace it with this.

I've seen a number of different charging handles, but have not particularly found a reason to buy them. Maybe I'm just accustomed to the more standard version.

You just pop the roll pin holding the latch and spring in there, replace the latch and tap the roll pin back in (or the replacement roll pin). If you run any kind of scope on an AR, the extended charging handle/latch makes it much easier to charge--and you can charge the rifle with one hand easily.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:43 am

That may be part of it - I don't run a scope. My optics are strictly red dot. Those don't come anywhere near the charging handle.

Have to keep this in mind if I ever get a regular scope.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:47 am

Yeah, if you run a scope, the scope will get in the way of where your hand should go when you charge the rifle. I do not run one of these extended charging handles with my 300 blk pistol because I use an eotech on top.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am