The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

S&W's and Pachmayr Compacs (photo --- finally)

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

S&W's and Pachmayr Compacs (photo --- finally) Empty S&W's and Pachmayr Compacs (photo --- finally)

Post by Tennessee Jed Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:42 pm

This forum is in desperate need of some photos.

I've recently rearranged my carry guns a bit, what with warmer weather and lighter carry garments on the way.

Been spending a lot more time with my S&W 65LS, and have settled on a new load for it, the Buffalo Bore 38 Special +P 158 LSWCHP.  It's much closer to my sights than my old standby, the 125 grain JHP flame-thrower.  It's more of a 38-44 than 38 Special, with the velocity hovering around 1150 fps with the 158 grain bullet.

Only problem was, the prior grips, even with this load, were taking off skin on the inside of my thumb knuckle.  So I threw away the Hogue Bantams and got some Pachmayr Compacs.  Not the "professional" model (which leaves the metal frame exposed).  I need something covering the frame.

Liked it so much I got a set for the 65's regular companion, my trusty S&W 638.  Very anxious to get to the range and see if these help a tiny bit in the recoil department.  Regardless, I think they look mighty cool next to each other.

S&W's and Pachmayr Compacs (photo --- finally) Sandwc10

Last edited by Tennessee Jed on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

S&W's and Pachmayr Compacs (photo --- finally) Empty Re: S&W's and Pachmayr Compacs (photo --- finally)

Post by Tennessee Jed Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Quick follow up, shot the 65 at the range, and the difference was very noticed with the new grips. Much more comfortable and it made quicker shooting much easier.

Am shooting an IDPA match tomorrow night, and think I'll try the 65 at it for the first time. Up to now, I've mostly shot it with a GP100. I am a bit concerned I might miss the big fiber optic sight on the GP100, but I think it's important to shoot what you carry so, no guts no glory. Will keep you all posted.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

S&W's and Pachmayr Compacs (photo --- finally) Empty Re: S&W's and Pachmayr Compacs (photo --- finally)

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Ok so I didn't do well. Gun was great. The shooter however made stupid mistakes.

For example, not only did I hit a "non shoot" target, I drilled it twice dead center in the head. Would have been awesome, if only it was a "bad guy" target.

But tomorrow is another day, and a day with a nice S&W k-frame will truly be a good day indeed.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:40 pm

Tennessee Jed wrote:Ok so I didn't do well.  Gun was great.  The shooter however made stupid mistakes.

For example, not only did I hit a "non shoot" target, I drilled it twice dead center in the head.  Would have been awesome, if only it was a "bad guy" target.

But tomorrow is another day, and a day with a nice S&W k-frame will truly be a good day indeed.

"When you holding the gun, everyone else is the 'bad guy'".
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:54 am

That is for certain. Afterwards, I just had to laugh. Told the safety officer the non shoot target looked suspicious to me.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:22 am

Tennessee Jed wrote:That is for certain.  Afterwards, I just had to laugh.  Told the safety officer the non shoot target looked suspicious to me.

I like that. "He threatened me."
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:50 pm

Ha ha ha, yeah, there were a WHOLE BUNCH of non-shoots, and as we all know, a large group of unarmed people can still constitute a reasonable fear of imminent death or grave bodily injury.

That should be a new rule in IDPA. Don't shoot the non-shoots, unless there are a bunch of them, in which case kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out. I think I'll e-mail HQ about this.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Tennessee Jed wrote:Ha ha ha, yeah, there were a WHOLE BUNCH of non-shoots, and as we all know, a large group of unarmed people can still constitute a reasonable fear of imminent death or grave bodily injury.

That should be a new rule in IDPA.  Don't shoot the non-shoots, unless there are a bunch of them, in which case kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out.  I think I'll e-mail HQ about this.

Can't wait to hear their reply.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm