The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Making a video, what caliber would you like to see?

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Making a video, what caliber would you like to see? Empty Making a video, what caliber would you like to see?

Post by Cornmastah Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:19 pm

I had a thought that I should do a "start to finish" video for youtube since I have had a few requests from friends and acquaintances as well as members from other forums. The idea would be to show the whole process from start to finish of casting, powder coating, bullet sizing/gas checking, brass prep, loading of the cartridge, loading the mag, firing the gun, and finally seeing the target explode. I thought 458 socom would be a cool one to start with (especially since I need to cast and load for that most right now. If you had a choice, what caliber would you pick for my next one?
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Making a video, what caliber would you like to see? Empty Re: Making a video, what caliber would you like to see?

Post by Devereaux Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:18 pm

Doesn't matter. The process is the same no matter which calibre you choose. Make sure it's one you have to run the bullet through a sizing die to get the right diameter. You can comment that for some the bullets are good out of the mold. ?You going to show the bullet lubing part also.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Making a video, what caliber would you like to see? Empty Re: Making a video, what caliber would you like to see?

Post by Cornmastah Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:52 pm

Here is the 458 socom video.  I showed the sizing/gas checking process, but didn't specifically show the sizing die diameter.  I tried to make it a video that isn't too boring in case you are not a gun guy but yet show enough detail to appease the gun guys.  

Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:48 pm

That's nicely done. Not a fan of the disco music, but I guess you need some kind of background. But the process was nicely shown.

Good job, Corn!
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:04 pm

I left out some of the nitty gritty details like lubing cases, fluxing the lead, etc... Not my favorite music either, but it is hard picking something good out of the royalty free music or whatever.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Dang Corn, that is a really great video! Nicely done.

And, as an active participant in the music industry, I can confirm that royalty free music is royalty free for a reason. But free is free, and I think it was a good choice.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:34 pm

So TJ, does it make you want to go and get started casting?
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:45 pm

It sure does. You make it look easy.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:55 pm

Well, the plinker bullets like 9mm and stuff are even more easy to cast/load. No need for a gas check, and the pot stays full(er) longer. Powder coating really is pretty easy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am