The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

'Boma: "The World Is Less Violent Than It Has Ever Been"

Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

'Boma: "The World Is Less Violent Than It Has Ever Been" Empty 'Boma: "The World Is Less Violent Than It Has Ever Been"

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:59 pm

'Boma: "The World Is Less Violent Than It Has Ever Been"

Mein Gott. In ten words the Narcissist in Chief has... arrrrggghhhhh.

Discuss.

I'm going to get a drink.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

'Boma: "The World Is Less Violent Than It Has Ever Been" Empty Re: 'Boma: "The World Is Less Violent Than It Has Ever Been"

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Grasping at straws to leave a legacy, when the real legacy will only be the need to rebuild the country after 8 years of attempted redistribution, class warfare, and a dead in the water economy.

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

'Boma: "The World Is Less Violent Than It Has Ever Been" Empty Re: 'Boma: "The World Is Less Violent Than It Has Ever Been"

Post by Cornmastah Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Tennessee Jed wrote:Grasping at straws to leave a legacy, when the real legacy will only be the need to rebuild the country after 8 years of attempted redistribution, class warfare, and a dead in the water economy.
    And leaving us parents the responsibility of trying to explain to our kids why "we" spent so much money "we" didn't have, and how our kids will have to work just to pay off interest on that debt...
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:01 pm

No kidding.

I have spent a lot of time talking to my son, who is near the same age I was when that goofball Jimmy Carter was in office, about the similarities between then and now. Dead economy, idiot President in office, America losing credibility both as a financial pillar and as a super power, etc.

When he asks me what turned America around back then, I say two things: (1) an American public determined not to let our nation slide into the same position the Euro nations had degenerated into, and (2) Ronald Reagan.

I worry, though, that today's American public isn't the same as back then (and "back then" was nothing to be proud of). Back then, they were the children of the Greatest Generation. Now, they are "Generation X", "Generation Y" and the "Millenials". Now, they are too far removed from any real threats to remember that freedom and liberty are continuously earned and re-earned, not given. Now, they believe mankind has reached some higher level of consciousness where barbarism and selfishness have been permanently traded for civility and global awareness

And if something points to the contrary, and if that contrary item can't be withheld from the public, then it is deeemed to be a partisan attack and false.

Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:37 pm

China, the NorKs, Putin and his born-again Russian Empire, Egypt, Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Liberia, Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Urals, Israel, Mexico, Venezuela -- to name a few... Just because he can't see them from his Olympian throne, with his nose pointed up in the rarefied air, doesn't mean they're not dangerously violent.  

Gaaaah. This is truly frightening. Thirty more months (hopefully) of this malevolent narcissist. I'm hoping Western Civilization can survive.

I still need that drink.  A double.

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Well Amigo, if I was there, or of you were here, I'd share a fine bottle of Wild Turkey with you, Corn, Dev, Doc and anyone else who cared to join.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Well, I just took my kids to 7-11 and bought slurpees since the wife is out training for another triathlon... I raise my slurpee if that counts  Very Happy 
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:39 pm

Cuba Libre!, my friends.

Only a single, I fear I'm going to be needing all the rum soon.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:34 pm

Save the alcohol - it may well become the next "dollar".

Just bought some more 5.56. That, too, can, and in some areas has, become the "dollar". There are numerous sites of guys willing to work or trade for ammo - mostly 9mm and 5.56. Rather interesting I would say.

CF - you have listed the string of "successes" this administration has on its scalp pole. ?Where is Joe Biden to crow now. ?Where are all the lefties to tell us what a genius BO is. Takes a tough guy to run this country, not a genius.

?And do you SEE the way forward. I don't. So I bought some more 5.56. Need to start looking for surplus .30-'06 and 7.62x51. And powder. And primers. And bullets.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:49 pm

My vote is powder, especially handgun powder. I've been watching for weeks and can't find any of the usual powders (Unique, Bullseye, etc.) anywhere. I can find primers, bullets and cases, but no powder. Glad I stocked up when I did.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Deep down, I remain an optimist. This is a great nation, with a strong Constitution, and a vibrant, aggressive, smart populace.

I remember the dark days of Jimmah Carter, when everything was going really wrong. We managed to right the ship. I'll grant you that with the Progressives busily drilling holes in the bottom of the ship, things are considerably more desperate. I am worried. The ever growing tidal wave of illegal immigration, with the Middle East and oil concerns are just my greatest fears.

I'm wondering if the Administration can possibly be this incompetent, or are they acting with the Left's underlying desire to hurt "Them" (us) as much as possible? And all the scandals - the IRS has lost 2 years of critical e-mails? And they're saying that with a straight face? Mein Gott.

These next months before the mid-terms are going to be interesting. Then there's "Boma's telegraphing that he's in favor of gun confiscation? Just nuts. Is a "Wag the Dog" scenario possible?

I'm working on our food supplies and water and trying to get to a "Good" state ASAP.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm