The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Anyone going to the NRA Convention in Nashville?

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Anyone going to the NRA Convention in Nashville? Empty Anyone going to the NRA Convention in Nashville?

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 pm

Thought I'd check to see if any of you all are going to the NRA convention in Nashville.

It's shameful, but I may not be able to attend, even though it's in my hometown.

However, I may very well be able to hoist a few adult beverages with any forum brethren that might be in town while you're here, or perhaps escape to a nearby shooting range.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Anyone going to the NRA Convention in Nashville? Empty Re: Anyone going to the NRA Convention in Nashville?

Post by Cornmastah Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:14 pm

I would love to go, but having 4 kids and limited vacation days--my wife would be less understanding if I "blew them" on an NRA convention. Someday, I hope to be able to attend. For now, I try to convince my wife to go with me to the friends of the NRA dinner. It will be easier once my oldest is old enough to babysit. Babysitters get expensive fast...
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Anyone going to the NRA Convention in Nashville? Empty Re: Anyone going to the NRA Convention in Nashville?

Post by Devereaux Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:12 pm

?When is it.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:24 pm

April 10 - 12.

Someday, we outta have a Gun Nation Annual Convention. It wouldn't be large, but I guarantee it would be entertaining.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:27 pm

I'm off on vacation, unfortunately.

But it might BE nice to get together somewhere along the line. ?How far is Nashville from Evansville, IN
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:39 pm

I'll have to look it up, but it's certainly driveable.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Well, from time to time I get a couple days off here in Evansville, so perhaps we can set up a meet somewhere, and I'll drive over. Be fun to meet and talk FTF. Might even get CF to drive as far as E-ville and join me in a "tour" to Nashville, now that he's only a couple hours from here.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:50 pm

I'm hoping to make it there - at least for one day.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:42 pm

Well, if you do make it, let me know if you'd like to get together.

Otherwise, I like the idea of a congregation of the brethren, if anyone is feeling motivated. That is, AFTER all the snow and ice goes away.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:20 am

Hey Ten;

Looks like I'll be able to get a day or two off for the NRA Convention. Could you recommend some safe and cheap motels about 30 -60 minutes from the hall? Coming from St Louis. I like Motel 6, chiefly because they allow dogs (who will be at home.)
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:32 pm

I can't speak from personal experience, but if I was looking at a Motel 6 or the like, I'd probably stay at the Motel 6 out by the airport. That's on the east side of town, but access to downtown is REALLY easy from the airport. 15 minutes on I-40 and you'll be in the heart of downtown. There are a lot of reasonable hotels on the east side of town that are nice, but affordable.

No matter what, do NOT stay in any hotels in the north central area of Nashville. The area looks okay in the day, but gets very questionable as the sun goes down. Avoid Dickerson Pike and Madison. However, further north, like Hendersonville and beyond would be fine.

There aren't a lot of hotels on the south side that are reasonable. When you get out to areas like Brentwood or Cool Springs, you run into where the business parks are. The hotels are nice, but pricey.

I'd avoid downtown just because anything worth staying in will get expensive quickly.

Anything near the airport (esp. on Stewarts Ferry Pike) should be good. If that doesn't work, then try the west side of Nashville, like Belleview, Kingston Springs, and further west.

Let me know if you have any spare time while you're here and would like to grab supper, get a few adult beverages, go shooting, etc. (not necessarily in that order).
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:23 pm

Thanks! I'll IM my cell number. You, too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:28 am