The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

C'mon Doc~~where's the next episode?

MrJim
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

C'mon Doc~~where's the next episode? Empty C'mon Doc~~where's the next episode?

Post by MrJim Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:56 pm

Gyrojet episode 154 was Sept 2~~~~right now is Oct 8~~~whaddya doin'?

If the "staff" isn't available just call some of the guys on the forum here~~they seem to be above average (except me I'm just a sideline sorta guy Wink )
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

C'mon Doc~~where's the next episode? Empty Re: C'mon Doc~~where's the next episode?

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Bet Doc's busy: the Carolinas have been pounded for the last two weeks.

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

C'mon Doc~~where's the next episode? Empty Re: C'mon Doc~~where's the next episode?

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:35 am

I'm sure that's right.

I will also suggest that the quality of the content of the shows seems to increase when they're not released every week. Seems like the crew goes deeper into the subject when the podcasts are not as frequent, and I appreciate that.

Hopefully Doc knows that we love the show, and are just anxious to hear another, but are very grateful for his putting them together.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:50 am

We could always start a thread with topic suggestions too.  Like a brainstorming thread on stuff we want to hear them talk about--always easier to pick a show topic when you have several to pick from.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:05 pm

I couldn't agree more, and I'm happy to throw out some I'd like to hear about:

- Elmer Keith and his contributions to handgunnery.

- The M1 Garand

- Terminal ballistic differences between the 357 magnum and the 357 Sig (Doc alluded to this in the "Heavy Duty" episode, but hasn't addressed it since).

- Ballistic gelatin tests: what they do tell you and what they don't tell you.

- The 38 Super

- Why revolvers are superior firearms and why hi-cap 9mms suck in comparison (ha ha ha, just kidding).
    MrJim
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:01 pm

New podcast just posted Smile
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Just heard the latest podcast (entitled "Meow").

Well . . . uh . . . I've got to say that the topic which led to the title of the podcast was probably the last thing I would have thought of. (shudder)

However, I did enjoy the banter about bullpup rifles. I think Ian needs to come right out and say he doesn't like them.

Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:37 pm

Grant should come clean and admit the the AUG's trigger suuuuuuuuuuucks!  Wink

At least the early version of the AUG. It was very heavy and notchy. you couldn't even guess where the let off point was. It was the proverbial "Rotten Twig" trigger.  However, they could have gotten better -- couldn't get no worse.

Got to get behind (besides?) a Tavor. And that Desert Tactical sounds wild. However, they've been promising the vunder-pup for years.
    MrJim
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:02 pm

I've NEVER fired a bullpup...always loved the looks of the AUG but heard the trigger wasn't real good...
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:32 pm

I've never even bothered firing a bull pup, due to the constant complaints about the triggers.

I have a real serious thing for good triggers, and a real serious avoidance issue of crappy triggers.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:47 pm

Every couple years, I get excited about bullpups and convince myself that I want one.  Then, I go and shoot one, and I am reminded why I don't have one.  My main complaints are usually:
    1. crappy trigger
    2. optics and trying to get my face in the right spot
    3. optics or sights located very high above bore axis
    4. lack of visibility--I like to see inside the action sometimes, to visibly check that there is nothing in the chamber/ejection system, etc...  With the bullpups I have shot, it seems like most did not allow this or make it harder to do.

I've owned these before and later sold:  
    Bushmaster bullpup
    SKS bullpup
    Keltec RFB bullpup
    AK bullpup

I still want to try the Tavor, but doubt I will buy one at the current price.  The PS90 was really fun to shoot, and I really liked it, but the price was still too high for me for what I think it is worth.
    MrJim
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:14 pm

I was looking at a bullpup stock for my Mossberg 500 Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:53 am