The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Trimming brass... the worst part of reloading...

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Trimming brass... the worst part of reloading... Empty Trimming brass... the worst part of reloading...

Post by Cornmastah Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:41 pm

I hate trimming brass. Of all the steps in making bullets and loading them, trimming is the one I dislike most. What trimming set ups are you guys using? Have you been able to do anything to speed up the process?
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Trimming brass... the worst part of reloading... Empty Re: Trimming brass... the worst part of reloading...

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:25 pm

I've got the RCBS Manuel trimmer. But, I've taken off the handle and attached my 3/8 drill; making trimming brass a wee bit less irksome.  

If we ever stop moving (the wifey now wants our own "forever" home here in St Louie) I'll buy that Dillon 650. With it will come a Dillon auto trimmer, likely to be chucked into the RCBS Rock #ucker.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Trimming brass... the worst part of reloading... Empty Re: Trimming brass... the worst part of reloading...

Post by Devereaux Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:55 pm

I have a trimming set-up I bought from Sinclair, but I've never used it. I guess it's because I reload pistol ammo only. I have reloaded a sum total of about 30 rounds of .30-'06 and have dies for .223, .300 BLK, .308, and .45-70. The last takes a bigger tube to drop in a Dillon and something else, but I forget what. I have it in a box.

My .20 tactical hasn't yet walked enough to have to bump the shoulders, so it's neck sized, and it seems to work fine.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:20 am

That Dillon trimmer looks quite neat. You size the brass, trim, chamfer, and deburr it all in one step. I could live with something like that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:39 am