The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Bushnell TRS-25

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Bushnell TRS-25 Empty Bushnell TRS-25

Post by Cornmastah Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:40 pm

Which of you guys have purchased/used this red dot before?  My twin girls have a birthday coming up soon and I was thinking of getting a couple of these to put on their little Savage Rascal .22 rifles.  Normally I would just use a vortex red dot, but I need something smaller for the Rascal rifles and relatively inexpensive.  Twins make it tough sometimes--I gotta buy everything in two's.  Laughing  I think TJ put one on his leeeever gun?  I'm a big fan of red dot sights for kids starting out shooting--it makes it simpler for them.  Anyways, for those of you who have used these before, what do you like/dislike about them?
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Bushnell TRS-25 Empty Re: Bushnell TRS-25

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:27 pm

Have one currently riding on the back of my Buck Mark. It's also been on a rifle or two. Like it a lot. At $80 (Amazon) it's an exceptional value. And extremely easy for the new shooters to master. I'll probably be buying another one RealSoonNow to put back on the 10/22.

You might also consider the Bushnell TRS-28, a bit more scopish in appearance, a bit better optics, for 3-4 bucks more. However, the mounts... ahem... exhibit negative pressure; but they should be fine for the lil' ones.  Get a 25 for one, and a 28 for the other?  

Bushnell TRS-25 41NnP3x2dJL

The 3 MOA dot can be difficult for precision shooting. Be sure to buy a bunch of batteries, as the sights get left on all the time (even by one thought to be an adult.  Wink  .) The dot control dial can be a bit stiff for small fingers.

All in all, I can't think of a better sight for kidlettes.

Happy Birthday (x2)!
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:45 am

I have bought the TRS-25 twice. I have one on a Romanian SAR-1, and another on a Rossi 92.

I am nowhere near an expert on optics. Tend to keep everything with iron sights. However, i have been very pleased with both of these red dots. They hold their zero and the dot is big enough to see but not too big to interfere with the target.

The only thing I dislike is that I can't find pop up lens covers. Have to stick with the rubber covers that come with it.

I think they are a huge value. I paid $65 for the last one I bought. If I needed another red dot, I would buy another TRS 25.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:47 pm

I ended up getting two of them, one for each of my twin girls. I think it will be a great addition to their little Savage Rascal .22 rifles. I like how small and compact the sight is--and the price is right.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Very good. Hope your girls like them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 am