The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Merry Christmas!

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Merry Christmas! Empty Merry Christmas!

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:56 am

I sure do enjoy gabbing with you guys here. Hope all of you and yours have a wonderful, safe, happy Christmas, and that you get to go to the range before having to go back to work.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Merry Christmas! Empty Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Cornmastah Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:07 am

Merry Christmas!  Hope you enjoy the holidays spending time with your loved ones.  I also hope "Santa" brings you that extra special something you've been wanting...
    MrJim
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Merry Christmas~went for a walk this afternoon after festivities and got caught up on a Gun Nation podcast Cool Cool
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Had a great Christmas and hope all of you did too.

Among other things, I got a bottle of Basil Hayden's bourbon, and a Japanese whiskey, a 12 year old Hakushu. Interesting stuff. Ought to add these to the Bourbon thread I guess, but it's here.

No gun stuff. No one in my family has a clue what to get me, so I tend to just buy what I want. May go shooting with my daughter next week.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:39 am

It would be kind of nice if Doc visited here once in a while.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:58 pm

Merry Christmas!

The Princess gave me a solid work (reloading) bench, some cabinets and a bench top tool chest. The gun-room be rockin'!

She got a Krugerand - and a house. Not as cool.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:Merry Christmas!

The Princess gave me a solid work (reloading) bench, some cabinets and a bench top tool chest. The gun-room be rockin'!

She got a Krugerand - and a house.  Not as cool.  

But she lets you stay in the house, so not so bad I guess.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Yeah, she unlocks the basement door occasionally. Wink
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:02 pm

?What, to get her guns.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:46 pm

"Santa" brought me a Stoeger side by side double barrel shotgun.  My wife was unaware that Santa was bringing me such a gift.  When we went out in the morning with the kids to look at the gifts, my kids told me, "look dad, Santa knows you like guns--he brought you one!"  I looked at my wife and instantly received the "wife glare."  It was funny because she couldn't say anything because "Santa" was the one who got it for me.  Ha ha ha...  Luckily Santa brought her a nice gift too.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:19 pm

So tell us how long the Ice persists.

Myself, I have learned not to be so blatant. If I procure an item she doesn't know about, and that's most of what I have gotten over the years, I simply bring it into the house when she isn't there and not drag it out to shoot for a while. THEN when she asks if that's a new piece, I reply it isn't - since it is at least a couple weeks or better months old for me. I can also use the definition of "old' when I have bought a used gun. And overall, she doesn't know the trees from the forest.

But then, my wife doesn't shoot. So she has no idea what I have for guns. As I kind of don't know what she has for jewelry. Works for us.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Corn you will love that Stoeger. I have 2 and they are favorites.

Dev, I was given an outstanding bourbon. Jefferson's, aged for 5 years on a ship. The constant rocking is supposed to give it more flavor from the barrels. I don't know about that, but it is mighty mighty smooth.

I've had some time off and had a blast. I made some recommended changes to my M1 Garand (doing a better job of fitting the stock to the action) and my groups at 100 yards improved greatly.

I also received the Rossi 92 gunsmith dvd from Steve's Gunz and I did everything he recommended. The end result is my R92 now has an action almost as smooth as a Henry and lighter crisper trigger.

Santa brought me a Theis IWB holster for my 1911 and it is significantly more comfortable and less conspicuous than the Galco I was using.

All in all, I have had a great time over these holidays.
    MrJim
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:42 pm

Devereaux wrote:It would be kind of nice if Doc visited here once in a while.

Yeah I know what you mean~you'd think perhaps he and some of the other regulars would support the forum..even stop in once a week would be a boon...
    MrJim
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:45 pm

Cornmastah wrote:"Santa" brought me a Stoeger side by side double barrel shotgun.  My wife was unaware that Santa was bringing me such a gift.  When we went out in the morning with the kids to look at the gifts, my kids told me, "look dad, Santa knows you like guns--he brought you one!"  I looked at my wife and instantly received the "wife glare."  It was funny because she couldn't say anything because "Santa" was the one who got it for me.  Ha ha ha...  Luckily Santa brought her a nice gift too.

I see you have the same Santa "arrangement" I have santa
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:57 am

Tennessee Jed wrote:Corn you will love that Stoeger. I have 2 and they are favorites.

Dev, I was given an outstanding bourbon. Jefferson's, aged for 5 years on a ship. The constant rocking is supposed to give it more flavor from the barrels. I don't know about that, but it is mighty mighty smooth.

I've had some time off and had a blast. I made some recommended changes to my M1 Garand (doing a better job of fitting the stock to the action) and my groups at 100 yards improved greatly.

I also received the Rossi 92 gunsmith dvd from Steve's Gunz and I did everything he recommended. The end result is my R92 now has an action almost as smooth as a Henry and lighter crisper trigger.

Santa brought me a Theis IWB holster for my 1911 and it is significantly more comfortable and less conspicuous than the Galco I was using.

All in all, I have had a great time over these holidays.

?I mentioned I got that Bourbon book for Christmas. Well, Jefferson's is among the best of the bourbons listed. You got yourself some good stuff, TJ.

On the Garand, ?have you tried the adjustable gas plug. I am told you can tune the action just that much better with one of those. And you can set it up to shoot heavier bullets, something that usually trashes the action.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:20 pm

Yup, I have the Schuster adjustable gas plug on it. I shoot Garand-safe handloads, but still wanted to gas plug to make certain I didn't wreck the op rod.

Now that I've got the primary issues resolved, I'll get more serious about tweaking the gas plug to see if that affects accuracy.

And that Jeffersons really is some darn fine bourbon.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Devereaux wrote:So tell us how long the Ice persists.

Myself, I have learned not to be so blatant. If I procure an item she doesn't know about, and that's most of what I have gotten over the years, I simply bring it into the house when she isn't there and not drag it out to shoot for a while. THEN when she asks if that's a new piece, I reply it isn't - since it is at least a couple weeks or better months old for me. I can also use the definition of "old' when I have bought a used gun. And overall, she doesn't know the trees from the forest...

Only for a couple minutes--I usually play it out like you mentioned above, but this time I was sort of aiming to get the glare for fun.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:52 pm

Cornmastah wrote:
    Devereaux wrote:So tell us how long the Ice persists.

Myself, I have learned not to be so blatant. If I procure an item she doesn't know about, and that's most of what I have gotten over the years, I simply bring it into the house when she isn't there and not drag it out to shoot for a while. THEN when she asks if that's a new piece, I reply it isn't - since it is at least a couple weeks or better months old for me. I can also use the definition of "old' when I have bought a used gun. And overall, she doesn't know the trees from the forest...

Only for a couple minutes--I usually play it out like you mentioned above, but this time I was sort of aiming to get the glare for fun.  

Brave man. I wouldn't try that, and I've been married 38 years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 am