The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Sanders vs. Trump?

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Sanders vs. Trump? Empty Sanders vs. Trump?

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 pm

It's way too early to call it, but after the NH primary results, I find myself wondering what if the presidential election distilled down to Sanders vs. Trump?

Don't get me wrong, I'd vote for ANYONE other than Sanders. He's just an old hippie who's not produced anything of worth, who believes ideas are more important than implementation. For anyone who complains about Trump's plan to make Mexico pay for a wall, Bernie's idea of taxing the bejeezus out of the "top 1%" to pay for everything is just as ridiculous, maybe more. Groan. It's "yes we can" all over again.

Yet, Trump has zero concern for maintaining liberty and the Constitution. For him, the end always justifies the means, and I think that's a very scary proposition for a president. I think the notion of personal liberties would be the very last thing to enter his head.

Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Sanders vs. Trump? Empty Re: Sanders vs. Trump?

Post by Devereaux Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:31 pm

So defeat him in the primaries. Vote for Ted. He IS a constitutionalist. He IS conservative. He DOES worry about the future of the nation. I'm not sure any of that applies to Trump.
    MrJim
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Devereaux wrote:So defeat him in the primaries. Vote for Ted. He IS a constitutionalist. He IS conservative. He DOES worry about the future of the nation. I'm not sure any of that applies to Trump.

This idiotic primary system~~my state doesn't "vote" until late April~~usually over by then...one wonders if Kentucky instead of Iowa was the first primary/caucus state if Rand Paul wouldn't be a contender.

State primaries should all be held the same day..or at least the same week....BS system IMHO.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:52 pm

MrJim wrote:
    Devereaux wrote:So defeat him in the primaries. Vote for Ted. He IS a constitutionalist. He IS conservative. He DOES worry about the future of the nation. I'm not sure any of that applies to Trump.

This idiotic primary system~~my state doesn't "vote" until late April~~usually over by then...one wonders if Kentucky instead of Iowa was the first primary/caucus state if Rand Paul wouldn't be a contender.

State primaries should all be held the same day..or at least the same week....BS system IMHO.

Yes, but then the pols couldn't run about trying to influence the results.
    MrJim
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Good to see the talk show folks like Beck & Levin & Limbaugh against Trump...Cruz seems to be the man in spite of the VP wife @ Goldman/Sachs Shocked ...trust bankers less than politicians...
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:57 pm

I'm still hoping Cruz will get the nomination. I suspect Trump wouldn't be as radical as everyone says; he's too accustomed to doing "deals", the essence of compromise. It was what was wrong with Romney in my opinion.

I think all the rest are retail politicians. They may sound different amongst themselves, but they're all from the same mold.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm

I think Trump will be more than willing to compromise on everything - including the Constitution. And I fear he's more like than not to another New York Republican convert: one Micheal "Big Gulp" Bloomberg.

I'm hoping for Cruz, I'm astonished Hillary isn't running - from the cops, and I'm fearful of a Biden/ Warren last minute "Here to Save the Day!" victory. And I'm terrified of the Progressives outright stealing of the election through computerized voting fraud.

I miss America.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:46 am

You are going to miss it more in the coming months and years. Nothing about the selection gives me any cause to feel good - nor even fair - about the nation's future.

I realize it took a long time to get here, but it will NOT take a long time to drop to the bottom.

I'm with you on the Cruz selection; the rest are retail politicians, and Trump is, well, Trump. Scares the heck out of me.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:40 pm

Sigh.

With all the carp that's happening now; wide-open borders, Hillary's compromise of national security, Islamists, China, Russia, NorK nukes, etc, etc, etc... the public is fixated on women coming out of the kitchen 40 years ago.

Are we that stupid that we'll be distracted so easily? Answer: Yes.

Mien Gott.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:04 am

Hey, we elected Obama -- TWICE. I'm not even blaming all the conservatives who stayed home rather than vote for Romney, who well may have taken this mess and made it work. It's the dopes.

I have been reading a lot of old history (well, OUR old history), and it is thrilling to read about just how much the people of the time understood the philosophical underpinnings of our nation. Compare that to today, when no one seems to have a clue. It really isn't that surprising we are going to hell as rapidly as we are.

I mean, what idiot would take the system that bailed out EUrope and trashed Russia - and try to change it to emulate those failed states.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:23 pm

And now with Justice Scalia's seat open, sigh... More damage to come. Things just are not looking good. Time to buy more ammo?
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:24 am

Huh. Look how it has all shaken out.

I think Trump looked good at the convention, but then I'm well to the right of Attila. Hillary, OTOH, looked more like a loser. Leon Paneta seems to have lit up the room more than anyone else, and most of what he said was a lie, if you take his book to have any credibility. Bill was terrible.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:32 pm

It is very interesting and scary how it is shaking out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:11 am