The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Mozilla

Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Mozilla Empty Mozilla

Post by Devereaux Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:46 pm

I don't know how many of you have been following the recent events within the MOZILLA corporate structure. If you haven't, the gist of it is that the CEO, Eichs, has been forced out of his position because a gay group basically hounded him, and the company, out. The reason was that 8 years ago he gave $1,000 to a Proposition 8 group.

The degree of hate and venom from the gay group have been phenomenal. Eich initially said that he wouldn't resign, but within a week he was gone. The statement that Mozilla issued was THE MOST REVOLTING commentary I have seen for a while. It was fully of pet phrases about tolerance and inclusion, but obviously not of someone who differed with the left's views.

I use Firefox, as do quite a few people. However, I have to say that I am strongly tempted to switch to something else. I have been told that there are several other browsers out there, less well known but still good. I am also tempted to send a message to Mozilla to inform them that secumbing to blackmail is NOT a courageous thing to do. And that for that reason I am gone.

There is no good reason to inject politics into commerce. Note that Starbucks was very careful not to insult either the pro-2A people nor the anti's. They allow carrying in their stores, but ask that you conceal carry, not openly antagonize the unwashed. The CEO's comment was that all he was interested in was selling coffee to those who wished to purchase it; he was not interested in a political statement. If one begins to inject politics into commerce, pretty soon there will be a variety of "tests" that much be passed before you can purchase something. That would not allow for the best product to come to the top. And no one wins.

But the left, and especially the venomous gay community. Andrew Sullivan, a conservative gay, loudly denounced the actions of the gay group, as he and every half intelligent person should. But now that Mozilla has caved, I would submit that they need to be sent a message, both for them AND for any other companies that might be subject to such blackmail. Not a good idea.

?What say you.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Mozilla Empty Re: Mozilla

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:14 am

From Insti:

FIVE FREE ALTERNATIVE BROWSERS FOR WINDOWS. Most of these also have OSX versions. There’s also the Epic Browser.

I'm also struck as how "compassion" is enforced by the Left. The Epic browser is looking interesting.

[Edit:] Epic doesn't work with password managers. Google Chrome is probably the next best choice - but I like to keep the evil at arms length. Internet Exploder? Gawd.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Well, just downloaded Epic from your hot link, CF. Nice. It looks just like Firefox but apparently doesn't allow tracking. I have made it my default browser.

Now I have to find the link about sending Mozilla a note about their bad behavior.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 pm