The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Live Show Aspect

Doc Wesson
    Doc Wesson
    .500 Magnum

Live Show Aspect Empty Live Show Aspect

Post by Doc Wesson Tue May 27, 2014 11:10 am

Folks,
    In one year, it appears that Mixlr will be requiring a bit more to continue using them at the level that I do. I was afraid that was going to happen.
    They may find that a lot of subscribers dump them and reverse that or increase the amount of time at lower levels, but as it is now, to do a show more than an hour a week it is going to cost more.
    The Gun Nation has an incredible amount of listeners. I never imagined we would have so many. The overwhelming majority of that is in download, as one would imagine. We have a much smaller live portion of listeners per show. That number varies from season to season, but the average is a lot smaller in ratio to downloads.
    The Chat Room during a show... well you know how many are in there per show, as it consists of you guys on this forum. We occasionally get a new one in there from time to time but will have one drop when that happens, so it evens out.
    So.... I am trying to decide what to do with the live aspect of Gun Nation. Doing a live show is good in that it keeps the host accountable for getting shows out regularly and it adds a community dimension to it. It is tougher to do than just a podcast because of the same reasons. If we had thousands listening to us live regularly per episode, the call to stay live would be a no-brainer.
    So the choices at the time it comes up, would be to end the live side of it or no longer use Mixlr and go solely with Talkshoe (as it is unlimited but has lower quality audio, AM vs. HDFM). There are problems with Talkshoe as we know, but I have a year to try to work that out. I do not have plans to pay further for a service that is not utilized in ratio to the amount of downloads.
    Just thought Id ask the guys that are actually in the chatroom regularly as you are the ones that get the live aspect of it.
    I was going to do a poll.. but I do not simply want a choice, but some dialogue to help decide what to do.
    Thanks.
    sthwestvictoria
    .32 S&W
    .32 S&W

Live Show Aspect Empty Re: Live Show Aspect

Post by sthwestvictoria Thu May 29, 2014 2:33 am

I presume most of the downloads and forum members are from the US. For those of us outside the US and in different time zones attendance in the live show is very difficult.
    As a result there would be little difference to those of us outside the US.
    Could you drop the live show but have the option of people calling in if desired? Or is that ability part of mixler?
    Doc Wesson
    Doc Wesson
    .500 Magnum

Post by Doc Wesson Thu May 29, 2014 9:54 am

You mean call in as a way to leave voicemail?
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu May 29, 2014 8:02 pm

The live aspect is fun, but if it costs you anything I say drop it. I always download and sometimes listen live.
    sthwestvictoria
    .32 S&W
    .32 S&W

Post by sthwestvictoria Fri May 30, 2014 12:57 pm

Doc Wesson wrote:You mean call in as a way to leave voicemail?  
    Yes. HOwever as Tennessee Jed states if it costs you dollars then drop it off. The three of you already donate so much in terms of time.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Fri May 30, 2014 1:10 pm

Due to having 4 kids and a somewhat crazy schedule, I usually just download it and listen later.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:59 pm