The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode104 with Ian, the professionals and that fellow that does the intro music

sthwestvictoria
    .32 S&W
    .32 S&W

Episode104 with Ian, the professionals and that fellow that does the intro music Empty Episode104 with Ian, the professionals and that fellow that does the intro music

Post by sthwestvictoria Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:43 am

Another great episode with lots to think about.  I think the discussion about surplus reminds us that we are living in the good old days all the time.  
    It was also a good point from Ian that the vendors with surplus don't need to think about materials cost and ordering materials going forward.

Here in Australia currently there is only one importer bringing in surplus currently - Lawerence Ordinance and they are only currently stocking Bulgarian 7.62x54R at $AUD265 ($USD249) for a 440 round spam can. Despite not owning a Mosin I am tempted to purchase a couple of cases - they will only increase in price!
    All the 303BRIT surplus has been shot over the years.  Some cases of Greek HXP boxer primed and the less desirable Pakistani stuff show up occasionally on the second hand firearms websites and a bit of 7.62x39 that came in before 1996 with all the SKS rifles. One fellow I met purchased a pallet of 7.62x39mm with his SKS, after the semi-auto buy-back in 1996 he converted a couple of ruger MKII's just to be able to shoot his way through it all.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:01 am