The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Mossberg 464 Marinecote - Davidson's Exclusive

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Mossberg 464 Marinecote - Davidson's Exclusive Empty Mossberg 464 Marinecote - Davidson's Exclusive

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Here's a link to the latest source of my covetousness:

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=41050&index=1&mfg=Mossberg&mdl=464&cat=2&type=Rifle&cal=30-30&fin=&sit=&pid=&inv=

Mossberg's 464, 30-30 lever action, wood laminate stock, marinecote - stainless finish, 16 inch barrel, fiber optic sights. I almost bought one of these a couple of years ago. I passed, and wished later I had got it.

I'm starting to see these pop up again now on some of the auction sites. Looks like Mossberg made another run of them. The reviews seem to be mostly positive. I can see a LOT of potential utility of a rust resistant lever action in 30-30 with a short 16" barrel.

Does anyone here have any experience with this rifle? I know AJ liked the tacti-cool version. At the prices I'm seeing them ($450 - $500), it seems like a no-brainer.

Thanks,

Joe
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Mossberg 464 Marinecote - Davidson's Exclusive Empty Re: Mossberg 464 Marinecote - Davidson's Exclusive

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Schwueet!

Here's mine:

Mossberg 464 Marinecote - Davidson's Exclusive 41040

or, mo bettah:

Mossberg 464 Marinecote - Davidson's Exclusive 41011

I've played with one in a gun shop - never fired it (the sales-scum was a real stick in the mud, even though I'd've put the target in the fishing section of the store.) The Mossy is pretty slick; well manufactured and finished. It's supposed to be an enhancement of the original 1894 by JMB; as if that was even possible. I do prefer longer barrels for a rifle caliber. And a straight walnut stock just looks better to me. But, stainless....

[Edit:] ZOMG! $390 out the door at a local pawn shop... Dang you TJ, you're gonna get me kilt!