The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Lipsey's Limited Run Ruger Single-Seven in 327 Magnum

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Lipsey's Limited Run Ruger Single-Seven in 327 Magnum  Empty Lipsey's Limited Run Ruger Single-Seven in 327 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:35 am

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/07/ruger-single-seven-revolver-in-327-federal-magnum/#axzz36JrwM1uA

At the time Ruger was making the Single Six in 32 H&R , I was too deep in my tactical mindset (i.e., my head was too far up my rear end) to notice.  

Just heard about this new model Single Six in 327 magnum.  Holds 7 rounds, barrel options are 4 5/8", 5 1/2" and 7 1/2".  I can't say I'm completely sold on it, but it is interesting thought.  If 327 mag is too loud, or whatever, I understand one can still shoot 32 H&R out of it.

Can't say I'm going run out and order one today.  If Lipsey's instead made a 5 shot 327 mag Bearcat, I'd be all over it, as it would be the ultimate river-fishing companion.  However, I definitely am going to watch for some reviews and see how this plays out.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Lipsey's Limited Run Ruger Single-Seven in 327 Magnum  Empty Re: Lipsey's Limited Run Ruger Single-Seven in 327 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:00 am

I always thought the .327 was a gimmick. It isn't as good as a .357Mag, but it doesn't really do anything better than the .38 Spl. ?So what's the point.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Lipsey's Limited Run Ruger Single-Seven in 327 Magnum  Empty Re: Lipsey's Limited Run Ruger Single-Seven in 327 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Been down for the last 2 weeks with pneumonia, middle of the summer, go figure...  Anyways, for me, with all the different revolver cartridges out there--.327 magnum is not one that I will ever own.  It seems like I can do everything I want to with the ones I have.  If I did buy one, I would have to buy a whole new set of dies, bullets, brass, etc... I don't think it would be worth it.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:55 am

Yeah, I don't disagree about whether te 327 tries to answer an un-asked question. My interest in it is solely for a smaller than usual frame revolver with decent ballistics. So, when Ruger issued a GP100 and Blackhawk in that caliber, I wasn't interested. Frankly, the more I think about it, the Single Six would still be a little large for what I'd want.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:56 pm