The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Is there any good news yet on the Marlington/Remlin Lever Action Rifles?

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Is there any good news yet on the Marlington/Remlin Lever Action Rifles? Empty Is there any good news yet on the Marlington/Remlin Lever Action Rifles?

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 am

Just curious, is anyone hearing anything good about new lever actions coming out of Marlin? Wish I would have bought an 1894C, Guide Gun and 336C before being acquired by Remington, but I'm clinging to hope that Marlin will pull its act together sometime soon.
    Doc Wesson
    Doc Wesson
    .500 Magnum

Is there any good news yet on the Marlington/Remlin Lever Action Rifles? Empty Re: Is there any good news yet on the Marlington/Remlin Lever Action Rifles?

Post by Doc Wesson Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:10 pm

I am working on getting a heavy hitter from Rem on the show to discuss this.
    if anyone else knows anything.. please speak up!
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Is there any good news yet on the Marlington/Remlin Lever Action Rifles? Empty Re: Is there any good news yet on the Marlington/Remlin Lever Action Rifles?

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:23 pm

That would be outstanding Doc. Thanks so much.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Tennessee Jed wrote:Just curious, is anyone hearing anything good about new lever actions coming out of Marlin?  Wish I would have bought an 1894C, Guide Gun and 336C before being acquired by Remington, but I'm clinging to hope that Marlin will pull its act together sometime soon.

TJ/ Doc;

On GRRN I posted a 2014 SHOT show report from a well respected and connected SASS pard. He said the Remington suit responsible for Marlin levers promised the 1894C and 1894 SS would be shipping about mid-summer 2014. He said that after apologizing for missing his prior promise of resuming Marlin production in 2013 (and by extension, a slew of other prior promises.)

I would note that it's easy to make promises, especially when there's no ability or intention to keep them. I'm saddened by what current management has done to the historic names of Remington and Marlin. The 1894C was a brilliant little rifle, it would be a travesty if the hubris and incompetence of Cerberus/ Remington destroyed it forever.

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:34 pm

I remember that post now that you mention it. I'll feel a lot better after some people actually buy the rifles and say that they're as good as they were before.

Just goes to show ya, that if there's a gun you want, better get it while you can.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:55 pm

Found it! From Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933:

"...Next up was Marlin. Each year we meet with the person handling the lever gun program at Remington. As soon as he saw us approaching he said, "I know, I told you the 94s would be out in 2013, we didn't make it but things are looking good." He said all new CNC machinery had been acquired and installed in December and that the line is gearing up for full production. He said they wanted to get back into the Cowboy gun business (they were aware of the price used Marlins are bringing) and said that in addition to the round barrel models they were going to reintroduce the octagon barreled cowboy models. Hopefully, they will start becoming availble by summer. They had one 94C on display. (Should be the third photo.) The fit and finish was good and the action felt very nice for a stock Marlin. ..."
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:15 am

?So are there going to be those silly spring "safeties" you find on the Uberti lever replicas of Winchester rifles. Those things are annoying. And gunsmiths won't remove them because they are a "safety issue". I ended up cutting my spring way back so it no longer is a factor.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:20 am

Devereaux wrote:?So are there going to be those silly spring "safeties" you find on the Uberti lever replicas of Winchester rifles. Those things are annoying. And gunsmiths won't remove them because they are a "safety issue". I ended up cutting my spring way back so it no longer is a factor.

The Marlin 1894 and 1895 lever rifles have had finger lever safeties since their redesigns decades ago. They're hardly noticeable, unlike the stock Winchester and Spaghetti Winchester 1873s.

BTW: The '73 lever safety is essential. I've seen photos of an out of battery discharge: not pretty. The gun was significantly damaged, and the SASS shooter suffered facial lacerations and broken fingers on his levering hand. He had disabled the lever safety.

My 'smith installed a lighter safety spring in my '73 as part of the slick-up and short-stroking package. I hardly notice the safety now - but it's there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:21 am