The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Guilty Pleasures

sthwestvictoria
    .32 S&W
    .32 S&W

Guilty Pleasures Empty Guilty Pleasures

Post by sthwestvictoria Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:06 am

Not many - I do think of the Savage 340 (30-30). They are widely derided for being a homely looking, simple bolt rifle however they do the trick and are a good platform to use spire point bullets in the 30-30.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Guilty Pleasures Empty Re: Guilty Pleasures

Post by Devereaux Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Interesting choice. I have a Savage Model 99 in 300 Savage I think it is. Never fired it. I inherited it from my farther, and I don't think he shot it much. BUT it has a rotating magazine, so you don't have to use flat point bullets in the lever action rifle.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:12 pm

When you start to think about your comment, it's really hard to pick what to say. I suppose in many ways for me it would be the .30 cal Luger and the Mauser Broomhandle. Both of those are "esoteric" in my mind, and both have a distinct place. I have each but have never fired either. I love to look at them from time to time, though. Something about a Luger that is just Soooooo sexy. And the broomhandle is in a league of its own.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:53 pm

I think my guilty pleasure would be a Colt 1903 I won in a sweepstakes, that was refinished in 2-tone by Robar. Yes, Robar. Slide is black and rest of pistol is silver.

It's such a fun pistol to shoot, and very flat, but it's still mighty large for such a small caliber as 32 acp.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:04 am

Ruger Blackhawk in .30 carbine. It is accurate and fun to shoot--but such an odd cartridge for a revolver. Or the Magnum Research BFR in 45-70, not quite as "fun" to shoot with full power loads, but a nice looking revolver machined very nicely.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm