The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

A Happy Thanksgiving

Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

A Happy Thanksgiving Empty A Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm thankful for Doc, his podcast, this forum and all youz guys.

I'm going to be decidedly scarce this Thanksgiving and the 4 days after. Retail is no fun over the holidays, even when you're slinging guns.

So, Have a Great Thanksgiving!
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

A Happy Thanksgiving Empty Re: A Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Cornmastah Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:39 am

Hope you all have a happy and enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday!  I will be enjoying spending time with the family and hopefully one of the days go sling some lead.  It is kind of a family tradition to go shooting with everyone the day after or two days after Thanksgiving.  I will be test shooting my newly acquired 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser as well as a friend's FAL that he my be selling in the near future.
    MrJim
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:42 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Smile
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:18 am

Well, a day late and a dollar short, but hope everyone had a wonderful bird day. I myself was blessed with the family being around the table and the best meal in the year. I could eat turkey, stuffin, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and cranberries most nights of the week.

Took my daughter shooting the day before Thanksgiving. I am sending her back to Dallas with my Ruger SR9c. She likes it, shoots it well. She gets both the short and long mags, practice ammo, and 2 boxes of Sig 9mm ammo for more serious purposes.

On November 29, 1934, two FBI agents intercepted Baby Face Nelson and another of his guys as they drove from Crystal Lake towards their hideout in Niles. There was a gunfight - right here in Barrington. Both FBI agents were killed, and Baby Face was mortally wounded and died a day or so later in Niles. Today my son and a couple of his friends did a re-enactment of that gunfight. He was one of the FBI guys who was killed. They had prop guns and blood when they went down. It was fun. Quite a few people turned out for the performance. Afterward there was some more info inside the field house and some refreshments. A stone had been commemorated to the gunfight in 1990 by the village. The actual gunfight kind of took place right were the re-enactment was done.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:10 pm

Ok, so I'm uber late.

Hope you all had a great holiday. Mine was outstanding. Went to the shooting range 3 times. Sighted in an M1 Garand at 100 yards for the first time ever. (That is a LONG distance with iron sights!) Handloaded a total of 1,500 rounds. Drank a lot of whiskey, enjoyed the family, hung Christmas lights, all in all a really great time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 am