The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Goals / Resolutions for the New Year

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Goals / Resolutions for the New Year Empty Goals / Resolutions for the New Year

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:26 pm

It's that time of year again, when I start thinking about the prior year, things I wish I would have done and set goals for the upcoming year.

For 2016, my primary goal is to get formal gun training. I've got no good excuse for not doing it, and there are some great instructors nearby. (My big DANG-I-MISSED-IT moment of the year was when I learned Tom Givens was within 10 miles of me giving a defensive revolver course, 1 week before I learned of it. ARGH!!!!) Up to now I've considered IDPA shooting to be a reasonable training substitute, but I'm not so sure about that anymore, and am going to take that IDPA time and funds and invest them in formal training.

I'm looking into various options. There are some locals that look pretty good. Once of the locals plans on bringing Tom Givens back to do some more classes in 2016. I'm also only a couple of hours away from Tiger McKee's school and I hear a lot of good things about his training. Either way, I want to get a couple of handgun courses and maybe a shotgun course in during 2016.

Beyond that, I plan to drink a little more whiskey, laugh a little more, and worry less.

Do any of you have any goals or resolutions for the New Year?

Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Goals / Resolutions for the New Year Empty Re: Goals / Resolutions for the New Year

Post by Devereaux Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:45 am

I would like to attend a Massad Ayoob course. I have read a couple of his books and I think a course would be good.

I would also like to take my daughter out to Front Sight for a course. My son hasn't yet shown enough interest in that kind of shooting to take him along, but if he does, I would consider a trip with him.

Finally, I want to start shooting differently. Some of that I touched upon in the Practice thread. I have been considering what to change and how. TJ made some good suggestions and now I only have to get them implemented.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Goals / Resolutions for the New Year Empty Re: Goals / Resolutions for the New Year

Post by Cornmastah Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:44 pm

For me, I'm going to cut out soda, at least for a good while. I also want to go camping with the wife and kids more this coming year and enjoy more of the outdoors and the natural beauty of this state. I also plan on going to Front Sight in Nevada with a friend. Dev, you going to do a handgun or carbine course or both?
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:14 pm

I think my daughter would be interested in the pistol course, not the carbine one. Yet. There's always time to develop that.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Cornmastah wrote:For me, I'm going to cut out soda, at least for a good while.  I also want to go camping with the wife and kids more this coming year and enjoy more of the outdoors and the natural beauty of this state.  I also plan on going to Front Sight in Nevada with a friend.  Dev, you going to do a handgun or carbine course or both?

I'm presuming you're drinking regular soda. ?Any idea about how many carbs you take in with a can. You cut that out, you might find you need to eat more.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:00 am

MT. Dew... it is my weakness.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:33 am

I myself like Diet Dew. But I drink a lot of Vita Rain, a Kirkland product found at COSTCO. It is a flavoured drink with a.bunch of added vitamins. Indeed, I once checked my Vit B 12 lever and found it quite high from the drink.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:28 am

I'm hoping to shed a few pounds when I give up my soda.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am