The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

So, where to go from here after questionable shootings by police, and now attacks on police?

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

So, where to go from here after questionable shootings by police, and now attacks on police? Empty So, where to go from here after questionable shootings by police, and now attacks on police?

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:29 pm

In a few days, we've had two questionable shootings by police. We don't know all the facts yet, but the initial videos look pretty bad. Of course, the shootings have a racially charged component to them. Then last night we've got a mass protest in Dallas that's busted up by a few snipers shooting police officers. This morning, a "Black Power" organization appears to be claiming responsibility and promising more of the same.

I'm not sure what to make of any of this. From my perspective, the police shootings look VERY questionable. I'm not going to rush to judgment until the facts are in, though.

At the same time, I have no doubt that police officers everywhere are going to be operating on a MUCH higher state of stress and tension, after the officer shootings in Dallas last night.

Meanwhile, the dog-eater who currently occupies the office of President appears to be revving up the situation by encouraging even more tension between races, classes, etc.

One thing is for certain, I am absolutely changing how I carry gear. I always put my cell phone in a tray on the dash of my truck when I drive. I just ordered a different phone case that holds cards, so my drivers license, concealed carry permit, and proof of insurance will always be in my phone case on the dash. That way, if I'm pulled over, everything needed of the officer will already be in full sight with no need for me to shift positions in my seat, reach my hands anyplace the officer can't see them, etc.

I'm also going to absolutely avoid any certain areas of town where tensions could be high between the police and the locals.

And I'm going to keep one eye on the news and stay informed. I don't think this tension is going away anytime soon.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

So, where to go from here after questionable shootings by police, and now attacks on police? Empty Re: So, where to go from here after questionable shootings by police, and now attacks on police?

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:56 pm

in Ballwin, just a couple of miles from us, a cop was gunned down while making a routine traffic stop. Rumor from a cop shop is that the officer is brain dead.  

Although I have been known to jump to tin-foil plated conclusions, there can be no doubt that BHO will be using this to push divisiveness and gun control. And I would have everyone remember that BLM has gotten significant funding from George Soros.  That bastard seems to have shorted the United States.  

As for the "questionable" videos - the facts are not in.  And the one with the boyfriend shot in the pax seat, all we really have are the words of a woman who seconds after seeing her boyfriend shot uses her cell phone to publish video on facebook - not call 911 or an ambulance or give aid or comfort.  Something is not right. I'm going to wait for more info.  

I'm going to be the grey man - and carrying everywhere I can.  And everything I can.

1, 10, 100, 1000

Every man woman and child needs at the minimum:
    1 AR-15
    10 Standard Capacity Magazines
    100 Hours of Training (Lifetime)
    1000 Rounds of Ammunition

Now's the time to look to your preparations.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

So, where to go from here after questionable shootings by police, and now attacks on police? Empty Re: So, where to go from here after questionable shootings by police, and now attacks on police?

Post by Cornmastah Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:30 am

I've also been thinking a lot about those two shootings and what I should change. Last time I got pulled over, I had my hands visible on the wheel, holding my carry permit, driver's license, insurance card, and registration. Didn't have any issues doing it that way--but definitely been rethinking all that stuff lately.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:15 pm

Our state does not require you notify LEO's of your CCW. I am sure if he runs the plate he will find the CCW, though, and if he's a half-smart LEO he will run the plate first.

That said, I personally believe there is way too much emphasis on the CCW's. Note that they are law-abiding people who are carrying under state law (which may well be unconstitutional, but we won't go there). The risk from such is minimal. Historically we had all manner of men armed and no one was much concerned. Now suddenly everyone is concerned with the CCW's. This is simply more left-wing BS.

We need an attitude shift in this nation. Starting with actually profiling, a well-established investigative practice. Recently Charles Barkley was chastised for making comments about how black people are also at some fault as they haven't been the best behaved. This was called "profiling". Seems now there are all manner of ways to attempt to avoid facts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am