The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Panic buys starting...

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Panic buys starting... Empty Panic buys starting...

Post by Cornmastah Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:08 pm

I was at the local shop today, and it was very busy. People are buying ammo by the k's and buying lots of guns. I asked the shop guys and they said it started yesterday and has been nuts since. They expect tomorrow to be super crazy.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Panic buys starting... Empty Re: Panic buys starting...

Post by Tennessee Jed Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Crap. I hate to hear that.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:30 pm

HA ha ha ha... now I NEED to visit the gun shop to see what people are doing. I wonder if people are going to try to dump their "investment" ar-15's for below what they spent. The next couple days/weeks might be the best time ever to buy an AR-15.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:37 pm

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Yesterday I was looking at AR's because I thought I needed to get another quickly. Today I'm looking at AR's because the prices will be better than ever.

Make America('s gun collection) Great Again!
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:58 pm

Opened Yea Olde Gonne Shoppe today - and we were immediately besieged by gun buyers. I sold an AR still on the delivery truck to a guy.

Ummm.... you guys know Hildabeast lost?
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:31 pm

I stopped by the gun shop during lunch today. It was almost like crickets compared to the last couple days. Still, the people who were there were buying guns--but that is pretty normal.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:48 pm

Over the weekend, it appears that Powder Valley got in a shipment of Zero pistol bullets. I immediately ordered 1,500. I was very proud of myself.

And then I realized, it's quite possible that bullets being in stock is probably going to become a regular thing now.

It's gonna take some getting used to not jumping on something simply because it's available.

Make America's (reloading supplies) Great Again!
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Tennessee Jed wrote:Over the weekend, it appears that Powder Valley got in a shipment of Zero pistol bullets.  I immediately ordered 1,500.  I was very proud of myself.

And then I realized, it's quite possible that bullets being in stock is probably going to become a regular thing now.

It's gonna take some getting used to not jumping on something simply because it's available.

Ha ha, hopefully small pistol primers become available soon again locally. They are all bought up--lots of gun owners and lots of reloaders now too.

TJ, I still think you should grab one of those $60ish lee bottom pour lead pots and get a cheap lee mold and play around with it. You might find casting a lot easier than you thought--and cheaper. It will also give you some independence.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Cornmastah wrote:
    Tennessee Jed wrote:Over the weekend, it appears that Powder Valley got in a shipment of Zero pistol bullets.  I immediately ordered 1,500.  I was very proud of myself.

Ha ha, hopefully small pistol primers become available soon again locally.  They are all bought up--lots of gun owners and lots of reloaders now too.  

TJ, I still think you should grab one of those $60ish lee bottom pour lead pots and get a cheap lee mold and play around with it.  You might find casting a lot easier than you thought--and cheaper.  It will also give you some independence.

Oh yeah, I know it and think this Christmas will be the time to finally make the plunge.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 am