The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Liberty Mystic 9mm "Multipurpose" Suppressor

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Liberty Mystic 9mm "Multipurpose" Suppressor Empty Liberty Mystic 9mm "Multipurpose" Suppressor

Post by Cornmastah Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:22 pm

Been hearing lots of good things about this suppressor. I have been tossing around the idea of getting a dedicated 9mm can--and I have been eyeballing this one. It is a true multipurpose can that is able to shoot the following calibers:

22 Hornet
    22 K Hornet
    218 Bee
    223 REM – 16″ BBL
    30 PPC – Subsonic
    30 Carbine
    32-20
    357 MAG
    221 Fireball
    32 S&W Long
    32 H&R Magnum
    9X18
    9X19 (Base Caliber)
    38 Super
    38 Special
    38 S&W
    357 Max – Subsonic
    338 Spectre
    300 BLK
    300 Whisper
    300/221
    308 Win- Subsonic
    all rimfire cartridges
    5.45x39MM Russian
    We now rate it for the 300 BLK in both supersonic and subsonic on an 8″ barrel
    7.62 X 39 MM
    FULL AUTO 300 BLACKOUT SUBSONIC AND SUPERSONIC.
    6.8spc

Take a look at their video
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Liberty Mystic 9mm "Multipurpose" Suppressor Empty Re: Liberty Mystic 9mm "Multipurpose" Suppressor

Post by Devereaux Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:58 pm

You're killing me, Corn! You keep posting all this neat stuff that I cannot have!
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Liberty Mystic 9mm "Multipurpose" Suppressor Empty Re: Liberty Mystic 9mm "Multipurpose" Suppressor

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:04 pm

Dang. That is pretty cool. I don't quite have suppressor fever . . . yet . . . but you're doing a fine job of passing it along Corn.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:45 pm

BTW, that AR upper in .22 looked really nice. May have to start saving my coin for that.

My daughter is on her way back to Dallas, in possession of a nice, new Ruger LC380. She shot the Shield, and my Ace, which she decided had WAY too light a trigger, and decided that the .380 shot nicely and was easy to handle, not very big, etc. So I sent her off with a bore-snake, and 100 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense ammo. I also sent her a link to some relatively cheap .380 for practice. She says she's buying 150 rounds.

I was quite pleased with her. For someone who has not shot much at all, she fired a decent 21' target - kind of with all the guns. I am a bit surprised she didn't spring for the Shield. But she will hopefully find this a good gun to take her CCW with and then carry in her purse.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:19 pm

TJ, all you have to do is shoot a few suppressed guns, and you will catch the fever. I had my local shop contact liberty suppressors to see what it would cost me to get one here, but my shop hasn't heard back from them yet.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:47 am

Got a price quote for the can, after shipping and stuff it will cost about $715. Not bad, but might have to wait for a while due to my casting equipment splurge.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:51 am

You seem to shoot your cans a lot. ?Can they be disassembled and cleaned. ?Do they wear out, and if so, how do you rebuild them.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:15 am

All of the .22 cans I own are serviceable, as well as my handgun cans. The rifle cans are not serviceable (can't take them apart for cleaning), but can be soaked in solvents or "the dip." If any of the suppressors get too dirty, you can usually send them back to the manufacturer to get them cleaned for a small fee.
    NotThe10thMan
    .22 LR
    .22 LR

Post by NotThe10thMan Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:13 pm

I'm looking real hard at an NFA trust. Just debating which level to go with, and what guns to sell to procure the money. That Mystic is a really, really cool looking suppressor. I like the "multi-purpose" part of it. I really don't see myself doing much more than .22, 9mm, and .38 Special, but why limit myself? Having said that though, I did stumble across an integrally suppressed 77/357 that sure got me interested also.

Advantate to the single shot platform and the silencer is not caring about bullet length, and being able to put it on semi auto pistols and carbines in order to play games like "Secret Mission Squirrels" and "Johnny SWAT"

Thanks for the cool suggestion.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Integrally suppressed firearms are cool, but the sad part is that you pay a $200 tax stamp for a suppressor that is only usable on one firearm. I use my suppressors often and especially when I shoot with my kids. Getting a good cheek weld is a lot easier for little kids when they don't have big ear muffs on.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:39 am

Update: My local shop got a few of the updated Mystic "X"s in stock. I took a look at it and took it apart and what not. It looks cool, like a beefed up Silencerco Sparrow. Anyways, I ended up putting one on layaway and started the paper process--E-file is not currently available for suppressors.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:34 am

If you end up getting that puppy, I would love to see a video where you can hear the gun. I would love to know the level of suppression it gives.

I currently own only one gun with a threaded barrel - a .22. But the AR's that I have could most likely have their muzzle flashes taken off. I know that for a fact on the .300BLK I have, as I put it on. Haven't looked as closely at the other two to know.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:08 pm

Is it multi-caliber in the way .357, .30, .223, .22LR, etc can be shot out of the same 9mm hole? Getting less effective as the caliber decreases? Or do they somehow adjust the suppressor to accept all the various calibers?

Really looking forward to your experiences, Corn. I'm getting the itch for a tax stamp. Wink
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:Is it multi-caliber in the way .357, .30, .223, .22LR, etc can be shot out of the same 9mm hole?

Yes. The suppressor is actually a bit long and has a decent amount of volume--so it should suppress quite well. I am curious how well it suppresses some of the smaller calibers. I might be able to convince a few of my gun shop employee buddies to take it shooting with me sometime so I can test it out before I get the actual stamp.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:13 pm

Devereaux wrote:If you end up getting that puppy, I would love to see a video where you can hear the gun. I would love to know the level of suppression it gives.

I currently own only one gun with a threaded barrel - a .22. But the AR's that I have could most likely have their muzzle flashes taken off. I know that for a fact on the .300BLK I have, as I put it on. Haven't looked as closely at the other two to know.

If I am able to take the suppressor out shooting before I get the tax stamp, I will make a video and post it for you. Any specific calibers you would want to hear through it? I plan on 9mm, .357 mag (heavy 200 gr subsonic load through the Handi), 300 blk (both sub and super), .22, and maybe 223?
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:26 pm

I think you pretty much covered it. I would be interested in .22, 9mm, .45 ACP, .300 BLK, and maybe 5.56. Kind of curious just how much attenuation you get with a hot round.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:46 pm

45 acp will not work due to the larger diameter of the bullet.  The Mystic X is a "9mm" suppressor. I can, however, bring along my Octane 45 and do a sound comparison (Sig P220 45acp with Octane 45 vs the Glock 19 9mm with the Mystic X).
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:49 pm

?Or smaller. You have .300 BLK, which is 7.62 mm and a .22, which would be 5.5 mm
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Yeah, with suppressors, you can always go smaller as long as the pressures are supported by the suppressor. I currently use my 9mm glock with the Octane 45 suppressor but cannot use .223 or supersonic 300 blk due to the Octane 45 suppressor not supporting those pressures.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:13 pm

?How or where do you find the pressures you speak of.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:54 pm

I picked up the Mystic X this last weekend. Still haven't had time to test it out, but will try when I get some time available. I just cast a bunch of 140 gr 9mm bullets from a new mold and hope to test some subsonic loads out of the Glock with the Mystic attached. I also need to test it with 300 blk.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:06 pm

AND we await your report!
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:00 pm

So I was finally able to take the Mystic X out for a test drive on Friday and Saturday.  I really like it.  I put it on my 300 blk single shot pistol and shot various loads through it.  Sound suppression wise, when shooting subsonic 300 blk, it seems like it is pretty close to the sound of my SpecWar .30 suppressor but only slightly louder.  My guess is due to the larger holes (being a 9mm can), it is slightly louder (not a ton, but just slightly).  I haven't had a chance to test other ammo and calibers through it yet.  I am betting that it will suppress subsonic 9mm and 357 amazingly well.  I will post updates as I test more... I hope to do a video sometime too.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Looking forward to it, Corn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:10 pm