The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Santa bringing you anything interesting?

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Santa bringing you anything interesting? Empty Santa bringing you anything interesting?

Post by Tennessee Jed Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:37 pm

I just had a nice Xmas surprise. Boss gave me a nice gift certificate at a nearby gun range and store. Went there at lunch. The amount of the certificate just so happened to be the price on a Crimson Trace laser grip for a j-frame. I've always wanted to try a laser on a j-frame and now have the chance.

How about you all? Anything good lined up for Christmas?
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Santa bringing you anything interesting? Empty Re: Santa bringing you anything interesting?

Post by Devereaux Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Crimson Trace had a sale a week or so ago and I took advantage and bought a set of 1911 laser grips with a green laser. Can't recollect the price,  but it was good. I rather like them. Put them on my trusty Commander, replacing the red ones. Not sure where I will put the red ones. Best part is that if you register with Crimson Trace you can get batteries for life - free.

I would personally not use any other laser but CT. I have heard of too many stories about others failing with hard use.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Santa bringing you anything interesting? Empty Re: Santa bringing you anything interesting?

Post by Tennessee Jed Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Interesting, glad to hear you like them. This will be my first laser. I've avoided them in the past, thinking it could cause bad habits. However, I'm interested in upgrading the sighting capability of my j-frames, and a laser seemed like the easiest place to start.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:32 pm

For me... optics. Hopefully going to get a Vortex PST 1-4x and something else.
    NotThe10thMan
    .22 LR
    .22 LR

Post by NotThe10thMan Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:47 pm

Meh, I've already jumped the gun on my Christmas gifts, pardon the pun....

I bought myself a Browning Hi-Power with six mags last time home for $600, and in the last week, I've wound up with a sporterized British Enfield, a Spanish S&W 36 clone, and a Single shot .22 LR Thompson Contender. The last three are definitely project guns, so...in any case, I've been wayyy too good to myself.

I'm up near the North Pole at the moment though. I just might be able to take Santa out and get all the toys for myself....and get some good venison while I'm at it...

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Well, here we are, about to enter the holidays. Hope you all and your families all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:13 am

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

We got heat for Christmas! Been a cold week after the furnace fire.

Self Santa brought me several Bushmaster stripped lowers. I couldn't pass up the Brownells $50 apiece deal. Now - what to do with 'em?

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:30 am

Merry Christmas to all of you also.

Good that you have solved your heat issues. THERE was a "Christmas present" for you!
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:56 pm

Santa wants kids to be safe for Christmas!

Santa bringing you anything interesting? Twins
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Not gun related but I got this little speaker called a bem. It hooks by bluetooth to my iPad and has really great sound. Especially for such a small cube. It will now be part of my travelling gear.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Cornmastah wrote:Santa wants kids to be safe for Christmas!

Santa bringing you anything interesting? Twins

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

And thanks for the BEM suggestion, Dev. Verrrrrrrry Interesting.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah and a Happy New Year to all!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am