The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Best way to spend a Saturday Afternoon

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Best way to spend a Saturday Afternoon Empty Best way to spend a Saturday Afternoon

Post by Tennessee Jed Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:38 am

I would like to suggest a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Taking your Mom to shoot a classic S&W Model 10, and taking your sister (who is going through a divorce) to shoot her Glock 26.

And a great way to spend a Friday night is handloading all the ammo for the women.

The family that shoots together. . . well, they are not overly concerned about being prey in today's society.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Best way to spend a Saturday Afternoon Empty Re: Best way to spend a Saturday Afternoon

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Super, TJ!

It's really rewarding teaching people to shoot: from introducing a family from Mainland China to shooting (with Buffalo Guns - wasn't my idea, but word got around) and seeing their faces light up with the first target TING. Then working with a buddy and his 1911: change him to a correct semi-Weaver, then the proper two handed hold. Suddenly, his groups shrunk to 1/4 of their former size.  

Big grins.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Best way to spend a Saturday Afternoon Empty Re: Best way to spend a Saturday Afternoon

Post by Cornmastah Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:33 am

Fun stuff guys! Unfortunately I have been too busy to shoot for the past couple weeks. This coming weekend though, I am taking my Kali friend shooting "Utah style." No mag restrictions, etc...
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:43 am

Cornmastah wrote:Fun stuff guys!  Unfortunately I have been too busy to shoot for the past couple weeks.  This coming weekend though, I am taking my Kali friend shooting "Utah style."  No mag restrictions, etc...

Heck, it sound more like no restrictions of any kind. You guys have suppressors, autos - ?what more would you want.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Devereaux wrote:Heck, it sound more like no restrictions of any kind. You guys have suppressors, autos - ?what more would you want.

Full autos? Ha ha... I have actually fired some full auto firearms and although they are fun to shoot, they cost way too much to feed. I would actually like suppressors and SBR's and SBS's to be taken off the NFA list. Everyone should own a suppressor. Right now I am working up some cast lead mouse fart loads for single shot/bolt guns in 300 blk using the lee 113 gr soupcan mold and unique/trailboss powders.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Cornmastah wrote:
    Devereaux wrote:Heck, it sound more like no restrictions of any kind. You guys have suppressors, autos - ?what more would you want.

Full autos?  Ha ha... I have actually fired some full auto firearms and although they are fun to shoot, they cost way too much to feed.  I would actually like suppressors and SBR's and SBS's to be taken off the NFA list.  Everyone should own a suppressor.  Right now I am working up some cast lead mouse fart loads for single shot/bolt guns in 300 blk using the lee 113 gr soupcan mold and unique/trailboss powders.

Yes, but I believe your state "allows" you to own autos. We here in SSOI cannot. Indeed, recently they defined air rifles as "FIREARMS[/i]! Only dolts who have no idea what an actual firearm is (and are bent on simple control) would do something like that.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:11 pm

[/quote]

Right now I am working up some cast lead mouse fart loads for single shot/bolt guns in 300 blk using the lee 113 gr soupcan mold and unique/trailboss powders.[/quote]

Corn, seems like you're always working on something fun.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Devereaux wrote:... recently they defined air rifles as "FIREARMS! Only dolts who have no idea what an actual firearm is (and are bent on simple control) would do something like that.

Wow...  That is pretty nuts.  Looks like some people need to read the dictionary a little more often (FIREarms vs AIRrifles)...
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Right now I am working up some cast lead mouse fart loads for single shot/bolt guns in 300 blk using the lee 113 gr soupcan mold and unique/trailboss powders.[/quote]

Corn, seems like you're always working on something fun.[/quote]

So, I worked it down to about 4 gr of Trailboss which fills up the case pretty well. I might need to knock it down about .1-.2 gr to get it right where I want it--a few of them were trans/supersonic. I also might need to play with the seating depth a bit. These loads from the single shot/bolt action 300 blk rifles were indeed quiet and were fun to shoot at pistol targets.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:09 am