The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Rimfire mods

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Rimfire mods Empty Rimfire mods

Post by Cornmastah Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Been wanting to upgrade the crappy stock on my little Savage bolt .22 MK II rifle for a while. Found this kit in stock today: http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1038843 I think I might grab it and upgrade that little rifle.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Rimfire mods Empty Re: Rimfire mods

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Fri May 01, 2015 6:43 pm

I've heard good things about the Savage rimfire accuracy -- true?

And stocks -- have you seen the new Magpul stock for the 10/22? Way too cool. Now I want to build a precision 10/22 around that stock.

It's also been my introduction into the world of modding 10/22s. You think playing Barbies with ARs is wildly expensive and highly variable? Try a silly little 10/22 rimfire.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Mon May 04, 2015 1:24 pm

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:I've heard good things about the Savage rimfire accuracy -- true?  

And stocks -- have you seen the new Magpul stock for the 10/22? Way too cool. Now I want to build a precision 10/22 around that stock.

It's also been my introduction into the world of modding 10/22s. You think playing Barbies with ARs is wildly expensive and highly variable? Try a silly little 10/22 rimfire.

Indeed. Seeing all the expense, it is why I stay away from modifying any weapon and only have a very few - no temptation to "try something out". Very Happy
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Mon May 04, 2015 10:21 pm

Devereaux wrote:
    Charlie Foxtrot wrote:I've heard good things about the Savage rimfire accuracy -- true?  

Indeed. Seeing all the expense, it is why I stay away from modifying any weapon and only have a very few - no temptation to "try something out". Very Happy

These 10/22s are bringing out the thumb-fingered engineer in me. <shudder>
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue May 05, 2015 1:05 am

Yes, this little Savage rifle (got on sale for $180) is a shooter. The stock it came with is just too cheapy feeling, and doesn't give a good cheek weld. I just got the new stock and it feels real nice. It is well worth the $ spent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:35 pm