The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The Lee Enfield Finally Leaves Canadian Ranger Service

Dirty Bob
    Dirty Bob
    .22 LR
    .22 LR

The Lee Enfield Finally Leaves Canadian Ranger Service Empty The Lee Enfield Finally Leaves Canadian Ranger Service

Post by Dirty Bob Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Article from forgottenweapons.com
    http://www.forgottenweapons.com/the-lee-enfield-finally-leaves-canadian-ranger-service/

It's a shame to see them retiring the Enfields, but 70 years of hard service would wear down just about any rifle. It's a greater shame that these pieces of history aren't going to be sold to the Canadian public.

Given what was available at the end of WWII, I think the Rangers made a very good choice for their service rifles. The No4 Mk1 is one of my all-time favorites...especially the US-made No4 Mk1* rifles.

All my best,
    Dirty Bob

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

The Lee Enfield Finally Leaves Canadian Ranger Service Empty Re: The Lee Enfield Finally Leaves Canadian Ranger Service

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Dang, that is a shame. However, that new Sako they will issue looks like a pretty cool replacement.

I'd love to have a Lee Enfield. I'd also love to have that new Sako. There's something enticing to me about a box magazine bolt action rifle.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

The Lee Enfield Finally Leaves Canadian Ranger Service Empty Re: The Lee Enfield Finally Leaves Canadian Ranger Service

Post by Cornmastah Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:42 pm

Old thread, I know, but just wanted to add that it is getting harder and harder to find decent condition Enfields. I have a couple, but by looking at them you'd think they served during the entire war.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:25 am