The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Liberty Kodiak TL & Tactical Solutions Axiom 22 Suppressors

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Liberty Kodiak TL & Tactical Solutions Axiom 22 Suppressors Empty Liberty Kodiak TL & Tactical Solutions Axiom 22 Suppressors

Post by Cornmastah Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:03 am

Did some trading, my father in law (on my trust) wanted my Silencerco Sparrow 22 suppressor and my Uncle (also on my trust) wanted one of my Huntertown Arms Guardian 22 suppressors, so I put in an order for a Liberty Kodiak TL (titanium 22 suppressor) and a Tactical Solutions Axiom (also a titanium 22 suppressor) as replacement suppressors.  These are built strong and can take the higher pressures of the other hotter rimfire rounds like 17 hmr, etc...  I will keep you updated on how it all goes.  These ones, however, I ordered on silencershop.com instead of the local shop.  I will also report on that process.  So far silencershop.com has been my easiest suppressor purchase (assuming all goes well).
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Liberty Kodiak TL & Tactical Solutions Axiom 22 Suppressors Empty Re: Liberty Kodiak TL & Tactical Solutions Axiom 22 Suppressors

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:16 pm

Saw that Ruger is also about to produce a high-tech Ti 22 suppressor. Have you taken a look?
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Liberty Kodiak TL & Tactical Solutions Axiom 22 Suppressors Empty Re: Liberty Kodiak TL & Tactical Solutions Axiom 22 Suppressors

Post by Cornmastah Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:34 am

I haven't looked at the Ruger, but it sure is nice to have another large/mainstream firearms manufacturer dive into the suppressor market.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed May 04, 2016 10:18 am

Update:

My local shop (FFL/SOT) received my 2 suppressors from silencershop.com and called me up so I could look at them. The kodiak TL design is pretty cool. I took it apart and snapped a pic so you guys could see the monocore design. I like how there are no threads on the tube itself, just on the monocore and threaded front end. Here it is:

Liberty Kodiak TL & Tactical Solutions Axiom 22 Suppressors Kodiaktl

I will probably go shooting with that gunshop worker sometime and test it out before my stamp comes.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:57 am

Update:

My Axiom .22 suppressor tax stamp just came through, and I was able to take it home!  I will try to post a video sometime so you can see/hear it in action or something.  Pretty excited that a bunch of my suppressors should be approved in the next couple months.

Charlie Foxtrot wrote:
    Saw that Ruger is also about to produce a high-tech Ti 22 suppressor. Have you taken a look?  

I did take a look at the ruger .22 suppressor at the local shop and have a few thoughts.

--What I like about it:

*A main stream manufacturer making suppressors.  Ruger service and quality guarantee.  Kudos to Ruger.

*The baffle design shape.  While I don't know if it works good or not, I like how they modified the typical kbaffle design to be their own.  If it really is quieter, then I like it--if not, then I don't, heh heh.

--What I don't like about it:

*I don't like the take down tool.  I don't like to have to use any proprietary tools to take apart suppressors if possible.  This one uses a plastic tool if I remember correctly which feels cheap and looks like it will wear out or get stripped.  I guess the plastic will prevent marring or scratching of the suppressor finish, but I just don't like it.  Better tools exist, and I like hex style caps even more.

*The way the baffles get stuck together.  The gun shop guy and I had a heck of a time getting the baffles apart from each other (this being a brand new suppressor).  I can only imagine how hard it will be to get them apart after a few hundred rounds of carbon/lead build-up covers the baffles.

Overall it looks like a pretty good suppressor, but it wouldn't be my top choice.  Take down and cleaning is such a large part of owning and using a .22 suppressor, so anything that makes that process easier is a big bonus. There are so many options out there now, you never have to settle for anything that isn't exactly what you want.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:32 pm

Dog gone, Corn! You make me want to move to Dallas right away.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:40 am

So the Kodiak TL is not as quiet as the Axiom or my other .22 suppressors that use k baffles. The monocore styles always seem to have more first round pop and are just not as quiet as the k baffles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:04 pm