The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

3rd Series Colt Detective

LHUSBY
    LHUSBY
    .32 S&W
    .32 S&W

3rd Series Colt Detective Empty 3rd Series Colt Detective

Post by LHUSBY Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:53 pm

I was offered a 3rd Series Colt Detective for 450.00, little to no wear, except the barrel edge (just a little). Is that a good deal?
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

3rd Series Colt Detective Empty Re: 3rd Series Colt Detective

Post by Devereaux Thu May 01, 2014 2:00 am

Well, if I were home I could look up the value in that big, honking Blue Book. OTOH, I would suspect that it is a pretty good price if the cylinder is not scored, the locking lug doesn't rattle when the cylinder is in "battery" and there is no significant end-shake. Colts hold value relatively well.
    LHUSBY
    LHUSBY
    .32 S&W
    .32 S&W

Post by LHUSBY Thu May 01, 2014 10:04 am

Devereaux wrote:Well, if I were home I could look up the value in that big, honking Blue Book. OTOH, I would suspect that it is a pretty good price if the cylinder is not scored, the locking lug doesn't rattle when the cylinder is in "battery" and there is no significant end-shake. Colts hold value relatively well.
    This one looks pretty good. Mechanically sound with no end-shake and it doesn't seem to be used much but carried a little. I love the fact that is a six rounder. Does the Armscor licensed clone model have the same dimensions?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:57 pm