The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Tax Refund Time is a Comin'...What Will You Buy?

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Tax Refund Time is a Comin'...What Will You Buy? Empty Tax Refund Time is a Comin'...What Will You Buy?

Post by Tennessee Jed Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:59 pm

So, getting the tax info together has been especially painful for me this year. There's a good chance I will get a refund, and the only thing keeping me going is thinking about what I might do with that money...

If you're getting a refund this year, what cool gun-related thing will you get with it?

Personally, I'm playing with a few options. Top of the list is the new S&W 66, but also considering an S&W 686 with a 6 inch barrel. Also considering a rifle, but will likely hold tight until hearing whether Marlin has (or has not) pulled its act together.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Tax Refund Time is a Comin'...What Will You Buy? Empty Re: Tax Refund Time is a Comin'...What Will You Buy?

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:28 am

We manage our deductions so we write a check to Uncle Siphon each Apr 15th. Don't fancy giving the gubbermint an interest free loan.

Still, there's room in the budget for a Marlin 1894 in .357 or perhaps .44 Mag. And Charlotte wants a pink AR. Then ammo and training. But first, CCWs for both of us.

BTW: I'm a M-66 fan myself - but the new 66 isn't the old 66. Listen to the latest Gun Nation podder. AJ give it the thumbs down - S&W changed too much.
    AChristianMarksman
    AChristianMarksman
    .22 LR
    .22 LR

Tax Refund Time is a Comin'...What Will You Buy? Empty Re: Tax Refund Time is a Comin'...What Will You Buy?

Post by AChristianMarksman Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Training... is where the tax refund is going this year.
    My wife (Renee) and I both do part time firearm instructing so we are going to:

A 4 day Defensive Handgun class at a place called Front Sight,

I am going to a one day class by podcasters Bob Mayne( Handgun World) and Ben Branam (Modern Self Protection) called Beyond Concealed Carry

And if everything works out perfectly Renee and I will take a three day Defensive Firearms Coaching Instructor Development course by I.C.E's Paul Carlson and Jon Abel late in the year.

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:21 pm

What the heck? How did I miss my favorite pocast reviewing the latest object of my sinful covetous desire?

I'll have to go back and find that.

I have a Model 65-8, last of the 65's, which has the items most S&W purists despise (MIM parts, frame mounted firing pin, lock, 2-piece barrel), and it's become one of my favorite revolvers. I assumed the new 66 would be the same gun but with adjustable sights. I'll be very interested to see what The Average One has to say about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:39 pm