The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Running Powder Coated Cast Bullets in Glock 20 10mm

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Running Powder Coated Cast Bullets in Glock 20 10mm Empty Running Powder Coated Cast Bullets in Glock 20 10mm

Post by Cornmastah Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:51 pm

I was playing around with some 10mm loads this last weekend and decided to skip the lonewolf barrel and see how they worked in the regular Glock barrel. I used some hard cast, powder coated 200 gr TC bullets with about 11 gr of AA#9. I was surprised how clean AA#9 burns. I had very little unburned powder as well as minimal fouling. They shot great, left the barrel clean (no lead in my barrel), and were accurate enough on paper. Since I was at the indoor range, I was unable to clock the loads with my chronograph. This is a picture of my barrel after about 100 rounds:

Running Powder Coated Cast Bullets in Glock 20 10mm Glockbarrel
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Running Powder Coated Cast Bullets in Glock 20 10mm Empty Re: Running Powder Coated Cast Bullets in Glock 20 10mm

Post by Tennessee Jed Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:43 am

Once again you have inspired me. Every once in a while I am in bear country and would like a load like this for my G20. I am going to try this.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:34 pm