The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Christmas came early? late?

Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Christmas came early? late? Empty Christmas came early? late?

Post by Cornmastah Fri May 09, 2014 1:30 am

Got a call yesterday that my tax stamps had been approved for a couple suppressors I bought back in december. I did the E-file for these when they first started the E-file system--sure beats the 11 month wait on my last ones.

Christmas came early? late? 2quiet

Top one is the SWR Octane45 on my Sig P220, and the bottom one is the Huntertown Arms Kestrel 22 on my Ruger SR22.  Happy day!
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Christmas came early? late? Empty Re: Christmas came early? late?

Post by Tennessee Jed Fri May 09, 2014 11:12 am

NICE!!! I'm anxious to hear how you like those.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Fri May 09, 2014 3:01 pm

I was able to test shoot both of them before picking them up from the store.  I shot the Octane45 on my glock 19 with supersonic 115 gr factory ammo.  It was nice, I was able to shoot without hearing protection.  I have not put any 45 acp through it yet.  The kestrel 22 is good.  I really like it.  I can't tell a whole lot of difference (sound wise) between that and my silencerco sparrow.  One thing I like better about it than the sparrow is the fact that it doesn't use o-rings and has a little more room to thread on.  If you use the kestrel on a gun like a 15-22 with longer threads, you don't need to use the thread spacer (which is required for the sparrow so you don't tear up your o-rings).  Both cans are user serviceable (come apart for cleaning).
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sun May 11, 2014 9:50 am

?What parts wear out.

Boy I envy you! Wish I lived in a state where the citizens were treated like citizens, not slaves. Just got my real estate tax bill - it's up 12.5% from last year! I saw somewhere that IL & CT are the two most likely states for people to move FROM - in that order. And they wonder why they're bankrupt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 am