The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Doc Wesson
sthwestvictoria
6 posters

Great episode introducing Ian from ForgottenWeapons

sthwestvictoria
    .32 S&W
    .32 S&W

Great episode introducing Ian from ForgottenWeapons Empty Great episode introducing Ian from ForgottenWeapons

Post by sthwestvictoria Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:35 am

It is a great boon headhunting Ian McCollum for the podcast. It was a great initial segment (I have already found a local shop with a M1895 in stock).
    I think it will bring a different, very interesting flavour to the podcast and a new slew of listeners.
    Doc Wesson
    Doc Wesson
    .500 Magnum

Great episode introducing Ian from ForgottenWeapons Empty Re: Great episode introducing Ian from ForgottenWeapons

Post by Doc Wesson Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:56 am

Thanks.
    Not seeing stuff like this on other gun podcasts.  That is what I always set it out to be.  We have smart listeners, so we need smart info.
    And info that is not normal... well and some normal stuff too... but a mix.
    There is so much more to the gun venue than just black rifles and glocks... not that there is anything wrong with either of those. But, there is a ton of history, science, art, literature and intelligence wrapped up in it. And that stuff is FUN! I hope that young folks search that stuff out! Needs to be passed down.
    I am glad Ian decided to come aboard. He is smart as a whip and as serious about these things as he can be.
    Thanks for the comment!
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Great episode introducing Ian from ForgottenWeapons Empty Re: Great episode introducing Ian from ForgottenWeapons

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:26 pm

It was a fascinating session. Maybe less hair jokes and more Ian?  Wink

I'm going to really like Ian's heads-up on those mil-surps we can buy cheaply reasonably today. Mosins of course, but also those under-appreciated, ubber-cool gems like the Swiss Straight Pull rifles.

Ian's a great addition, Doc!
    Doc Wesson
    Doc Wesson
    .500 Magnum

Post by Doc Wesson Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:15 am

Ian will likely be every other episode... I may be adding more folks to the crew and can't get them all in every show.
    Come on.. you know you love Grant's hair.
    Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Tennessee Jed Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:20 am

Agree 100%. Really enjoyed Ian's segment. I can't say I'm going to run out and get a 95, but I sure learned something from the segment.
    Kiwi
    .17 HMR
    .17 HMR

Post by Kiwi Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:21 pm

The forgotten weapons segment was great !
    Very interesting.

Last edited by Kiwi on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:00 pm

?We talking Winchester 1895's.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:54 pm

Great episode introducing Ian from ForgottenWeapons M1895
    Steyr-Mannlicher M1895

Ian likes the straight-pull actions.
    http://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns?caliber=75

The straight pulls are neat - but I'm hoping he gets to levers soon. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:19 pm