The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

NEW Ruger 9mm Carbine!

Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

NEW Ruger 9mm Carbine!  Empty NEW Ruger 9mm Carbine!

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Y'all y'alls seen this?!?!?

NEW Ruger 9mm Carbine!  Top

The new Ruger 9mm Carbine. Uses Ruger and Glock magazines! Street price expected in the mid-$500s.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

Daddy NEEDS!
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

NEW Ruger 9mm Carbine!  Empty Re: NEW Ruger 9mm Carbine!

Post by Devereaux Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:22 pm

Looks ugly!
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:20 pm

Devereaux wrote:Looks ugly!

Yup.  I expect it to shoot beautifully.  

And I'm betting the same platform will be evolved to also shoot 40, 357 SIG, 10mm, and 45 ACP.  Perhaps with as few changes as a new quick change barrel, bolt and mag well adapter, all configurable by the customer.  A true multi caliber weapon.    

This could fill roles as a home defense gun and a trunk gun.  I've already seen it offered for $478.99. Out of stock of course.

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:49 pm

Or it could be a bat for a baseball game.

C’mon, CF! Don’t get carried away. This is a butt-ugly gun. One should never own butt-ugly guns. There are so many good looking pieces out there there is no way one needs to have an ugle gun. Unless you’re a ghetto-rat.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:12 pm

The gun I was looking for before the Ruger was the KelTec Sub2000. That gun out-uglies a Sten. So, I've come up in the world. Plus, I expect Magpul to bring their own highly developed industrial fugly sense of style to the PC Carbine.

This gun will be a SHTF tool. I've never particularly cared how my hammer looked - just how finely I could factory adjust equipment with it. Likewise, the Ruger will be an ugly hammer.

BTW, an awful lot of Brits thought the Sten was the most beautiful thing ever.  

A Happy New Year to you, sir!  Hope your Christmas was a Merry one!
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:37 am

Brits don’t have much sense of style when it comes to guns. Look at the Webley. Look at the Enfield. Both beaten with an ugly stick. This thing looks like something a Brit would design. It fits Fienstein’s definition of an “ugle gun” - ie. an “assault rifle”.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:28 am

Are you kidding?  The Ruger PC definitely derives from the Russki But-Tugly School of Designski.  You can easily see the design elements of the AK-47, 74, SKS and Popov vodka bottle in the receiver and stock. Blocky, like a row of ComBloc housing.  

The Brits have that delightful Homage to Rube Goldberg theme running throughout most of their designs.  Here, the Lucas L85 Battle Rifle is being demonstrated to the British military by the legendary SAS operator, Elizabeth Alexandra Mary. A man amongst British men.        

NEW Ruger 9mm Carbine!  Queen+Elizabeth+II+firing+a+British+L85+battle+rifle.+Surrey,+England,+1993

She will also be demonstrating the British SA80 bullpup as soon as Land Rover can figure out how to make it leak oil.

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:44 am

Ah yes! The Legendary Elizabeth Alexandra Mary. And just to show how good she is, note the white gloves. Probably had to be detoxed after this outing.

OK. I have to give you points for bringing up the Russian School of Designsky. This thing could well have been influenced by them. I particularly note the large mag well/small magazine. Nice touch, in case you later need a 57mm recoiless shell to shoot off the same platform (the swept appearance will handle the backblast).
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:35 am

Devereaux wrote:...I particularly note the large mag well/small magazine. Nice touch, in case you later need a 57mm recoiless shell to shoot off the same platform (the swept appearance will handle the backblast).  

Seriously, I think this is Ruger's genius: The overbuilt-for-9mm billet receiver, the quick change barrel, the overlarge replaceable magwell, all point (in my twisted mind) to a multi-caliber carbine. Tired of 9? Swap out the barrel, bolt and magwell adapter and change to Fotay, 357 SIG, 45 or 10mm in just a couple of minutes. A new gun for a fraction of the old. Brilliant! A true game changer.  

I will have one! I've already ordered 3 more Glock 33 round Happy Sticks. And when the 10 mike mike comes out - I will have one too. Or, as I believe: only the 10mm barrel, bolt and magwell. And please, 40 S&W too. Carp, I've got a load of 40...

Mark my words!

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:45 am; edited 3 times in total
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:58 am

That’s the part that is scaring me - that these ugly things will start cropping up all over.

The multi-barrel thingy is a grreat concept - uintil you actually start using them. Then you find you put one barrel in and keep it in. My 229 has had the 228 top on it now for a year. This despite the fact I believe .357 Sig is the best self defense round out there. Now if I had another 229, IT would be in .357 Sig. And I would swap between the two. People always TALK one thing but DO another. Or at least that’s what I find myself doing.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Yeah - there's that.

When I first got into ARs, I thought I'd only have one lower and multiple uppers. I'd save SOOOO much money. Then... my uppers grew lowers. Chiefly because the lower was highly configurable, and could be tuned to the upper's normative mission and caliber (and I'll admit - color.) And I was set up to organize and store full sized rifles. In addition, I realized that many of the rifles' missions existed concurrently, and required many fully capable weapons at the same time.

The Ruger PCC shouldn't have that problem. I'll bet Ruger will come out with some cutesy storage bag for the barrels, magwells and accutroma. And (thank gawd) the PCC also much less configurable than the modular AR.

At least until Magpul releases its takedown Hunter stock.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:05 pm

This is how all good intentions start - it's going to be SO utilitarian. And it is. But no one actually utilizes all those possibilities. Had a friend with a Thompson (the single shot, not the Chicago Typewriter). He had 5 barrels for it. 4 sat and collected dust; 1 got shot. We would go to the range and he would never shoot all those barrels - just the one.

I have 2 Colt Ace conversions, one early one late. They BOTH sit on Colt frames rather than be used as the conversion they were suppose to be. I have .22 conversions for my 226 and 229. RARELY SHOT. I have a Kimber 1911 that shoots .17 HMR. I have a .22 conversion for that, too. NEVER gets fired (but admittedly some of that is because I don't really like it and MUCH prefer my Aces or the .17) Friend of mine has the Glock .22 conversion. Can't remember when he actually fired that puppy.

Multi-calibre set-ups just don't get used. Like your AR's, they acquire the missing part OR gather dust.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Just reread your post about the legendary SAS operative, Elizabeth Alexandra Mary.

Man, CF, you are just TOO FUNNY! You need to live up here somewhere near me so we can go out to lunch from time to time and laugh a lot!
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:04 pm

I had thought that adding Windsor to Elizabeth Alexandra Mary might have been too much.  I can see I overestimated you.  Wink

I hope you're not right about the additional calibers; they could be expensive goof. I'm hopeful of their utility, chiefly because I have so much 45 and 40 to be shot off. As a cowboy shooter, I've found great utility in having a leeever rifle and handgun that shoot the same ammo. The same could be said if you find yourself in a SHTF situation far from home.  

However, another gunnie friend of mine is telling me that I've lost it.  Which is always a distinct possibility. Although, his preferred solution of a PS90 seems at the very least equally as crazy.

Anywho, I have ordered the Ruger PCC for $520 delivered. No date specified for the delivery. And just today, I received my order of Glock Happy Sticks.  

I'll keep y'all y'alls informed.

And Dev, if you ever make it down here to Floriduh, the first 10 rounds are on me.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:44 am

I got it the first time. but it’s still funny. Kind of like classic jokes. ?Where did you dig up that pic of EAM(W).
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:45 am

?Your e-mail still the same. If not, send me an e-mail so I have your new contact.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Devereaux wrote:?Your e-mail still the same. If not, send me an e-mail so I have your new contact.

gmail account didn't change. If you had the AT&T one, it's long buh-byed.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:35 am

Devereaux wrote:?Where did you dig up that pic of EAM(W).

Remembered the pix from Aviation Leak. A simple Bing image search for "Queen Elizabeth II Machinegun" quickly produced the picture.  

However, I also remembered a photochopped version which had Liz' handbag on her support arm  Unfortunately, I couldn't find that one.

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:35 pm

My MagPul Gen3 Stock came! Looks neat. I think I am going to have to start thinking more seriously about building that lower. Probably get a couple sets of pins and springs from BAD industries.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:31 pm

Devereaux wrote:My MagPul Gen3 Stock came! Looks neat. I think I am going to have to start thinking more seriously about building that lower. Probably get a couple sets of pins and springs from BAD industries.

Dang it, I forgot: look at the Magpul K2 pistol grip. It's a lot more vertical than the A2 grip, and you don't have to bend your wrist so much. Makes a diff when you are prone.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:30 am

Nice thought. I have not bought the grip yet. Just ordered some stuff from BAD (ambi safety, mag release, button, spring) Still have to get the rear piece, a rifle length tube and spring, take-down pins. I will probably go with BAD TD pins because I like them.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:41 am

Welp... My Ruger PCC is here!

NEW Ruger 9mm Carbine!  I-644wkVG-M

Pretty damn impressed: That is one solid, well designed, quick handling firearm.  

And yes, I'm already making changes:  Magwell adapter was changed to the Glock 9 (well, duh.) The gun can and should be run with the support hand - so I changed the bolt lever to the left side. Both tasks involve just a little wrenching with the supplied tool. 

The firearm is tasked with home defense, hence the Streamlight TLR-4 light and red laser combo hanging under the forestock. The biggest leap of faith I took was going away from my comfortably familiar red dot -- to a new reticle: the ACSS. In the Holosun 503G, the inverted horseshoe and chevron form a very fast sighting reticle. So far, I'm very pleased. I'll have more when I start sending rounds downrange.  

NEW Ruger 9mm Carbine!  HS503G-ACSS_08

Oh -- and I bought a great Enfield No. 4 Mk 1 for an incredible price - and tomorrow, I may just be buying a Webley Mk Vi revolver - again in great shape for a great price.

Last edited by Charlie Foxtrot on Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:01 am

Well, thank you for the pics. Range report is expected next.

You sound excited. But then, you sound excited over procuring an Enfield, a seriously mediocre military rifle. You should have gotten a Mauser 98K, a far better rifle all around.
    Charlie Foxtrot
    Charlie Foxtrot
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

Post by Charlie Foxtrot Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:32 am

History, Dev. History.

And I do want a Mauser - and a 1903. They'd be the crowning jewels.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Yeah but history can be neat or butt-ugly. The Enfield falls into the latter. And the Webley! THERE was a revolver designed by a royal committee. You just couldn't make it uglier and have it still shoot. I was a Brit officer with one I would be embarrassed to shoot someone with it. ESPECIALLY since the Krauts had - LUGERS! I mean, it's a surprise to me the Krauts couldn't win the war just on style points. ('Course the British Navy probably counted for some.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 pm