The Gun Nation Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
AChristianMarksman
Charlie Foxtrot
Cornmastah
7 posters

What is your next planned autoloader purchase?

Tennessee Jed
    Tennessee Jed
    .41 Magnum
    .41 Magnum

What is your next planned autoloader purchase? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your next planned autoloader purchase?

Post by Tennessee Jed Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:58 pm

Well, yes. That is true. That little 1903 is a very nice gun. And no, it's not available.

I wasn't thinking of it when I wrote that post. You are right, it does have a hammer and is not a striker fired gun.

But that won't stop my future whining, nor will it stop me from thinking about CZ's, 1911's and Hi-Powers, and then eventually coming back around to my motto of revolvers forever, forever revolvers.

Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

What is your next planned autoloader purchase? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your next planned autoloader purchase?

Post by Devereaux Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:32 pm

Well, I only own one CZ - a CZ75 P101 I think. It is the version with the longer slide but overeall short barrel. Don't know how else to describe it. But it's a really nice pistol. I almost bought the .45 version, but vascialted too long and someone else scooped it up.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:43 pm

I have the CZ75 SP01 model.  It kind of makes me happy when I hold it.  Maybe it's the all metal frame/slide, or maybe the nice rubber grips that feel good in my hands, or maybe the large magazine capacity, or maybe the reliability or the fact that it shoots nicely, or maybe all of the above.  There is definitely more of an attachment emotionally to this gun vs the glocks, M&P shield, etc...  Maybe I'm weird, but I get a similar type of emotional attachment to the CZ as the revolvers.  I would think that if I ever owned a Hi-Power, it would be a similar feeling.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:08 am

Cornmastah wrote:I have the CZ75 SP01 model.  It kind of makes me happy when I hold it.  Maybe it's the all metal frame/slide, or maybe the nice rubber grips that feel good in my hands, or maybe the large magazine capacity, or maybe the reliability or the fact that it shoots nicely, or maybe all of the above.  There is definitely more of an attachment emotionally to this gun vs the glocks, M&P shield, etc...  Maybe I'm weird, but I get a similar type of emotional attachment to the CZ as the revolvers.  I would think that if I ever owned a Hi-Power, it would be a similar feeling.

Yup! I can second this notion. I like the CZ.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:00 pm

I ended up grabbing one of those M70A 9mm pistols. I'm going to test it out this weekend, hopefully.
    MrJim
    MrJim
    .38 Special
    .38 Special

Post by MrJim Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:54 pm

Cornmastah wrote:I ended up grabbing one of those M70A 9mm pistols.  I'm going to test it out this weekend, hopefully.

Interesting looking piece.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:00 am

RANGE DAY! Took my CZ, my P30, and my new 228 to the range. Shot some 300 rounds through them, plus 30 for my CCW.

I have to say, I love them all. The CZ continues to feel good in the hand. The P30 continues to be a strange feeling trigger. I have issues with the curve. That said, it still shot well, and you could shoot some good rapid fire sequences.

Guess my best sense was the 228. Recollect that it is a 228 top on my 229 frame. So I have E2 grips and an SRT trigger. I did have to change out the trigger block in order to make the slide work. The gun was a German gun. It came with EVERYTHiNG but the frame. It did show evidence of holster wear on the slide, so I figure these were police guns somewhere in Europe.

I was extremelt pleased that despite evidence of some age, the weapon shot extremely well. Indeed, I fired the CCW target (10@7, 10@15, and 10@30') with nothing outside the 9 ring while shooting reasonably rapidly. Since I get to count any shot inside the 7 ring and I needed 21 out of 30, getting 30 out of 30 was good. Indeed, the guy doing the training said, "I wish my cops could shoot as well as you do." But then, most cops don't like to shoot.

So despite fine performances by the CZ (really nice weapon) and the HK, I am still a Sig guy.
    Devereaux
    Devereaux
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Devereaux Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Cornmastah wrote:I ended up grabbing one of those M70A 9mm pistols.  I'm going to test it out this weekend, hopefully.

Zastava (Flag) is a Serbian company, but I think they have been about for a while making firearms. They just haven't been selling them outside the country I think.

I would be REAL INTERESTED in comments on quality of manufacture, finish, fit, functionality - all those things we kind of take for granted in American made weapons (even if we don't always get that). Performance, too, of course. But give us a description (and as CF would say - PIC!) first, then we will await your performance report.
    Cornmastah
    Cornmastah
    .44 Magnum
    .44 Magnum

Post by Cornmastah Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Devereaux wrote:

Zastava (Flag) is a Serbian company, but I think they have been about for a while making firearms. They just haven't been selling them outside the country I think.

I would be REAL INTERESTED in comments on quality of manufacture, finish, fit, functionality - all those things we kind of take for granted in American made weapons (even if we don't always get that). Performance, too, of course. But give us a description (and as CF would say - PIC!) first, then we will await your performance report.

I took it out yesterday--I will try to snap a few pics and write up a quick review and post it later today or tomorrow. We ended up putting about 250 rounds through it and it functioned flawlessly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:19 am